Kemper Kabinet - comparison between TC Electronic BAM200 and Fryette PS-2

• I think Tc electronic Bam 200 actually sound better on this clip ... more organic ?

Anyone compare Seymour Duncan Power Stage 170 and Tc electronic Bam 200...

Thats my impression too. And I think it sounds fuller. But I'm not sure for 100%.

I wonder thats the Shiva sounds so good. All profils I checked out where not mine, but this one... :huh:

• I have the Fryette PS2 also and while I don’t have anything else to compare it to, I’m actually hoping that when a powered Kabinet version appears it’s amp will be stereo so that you could drive a second unpowered Kabinet. That would let me keep my Fryette with my tube amp.

Have any specifics been shared on if the powered version will be able to do this? It would sure help some of us on the fence on how to proceed with any related purchase decisions (i.e. - if the powered version won’t be able to drive an unpowered Kabinet in stereo, I would just proceed now in getting a stereo power amp and another unpowered Kabinet. It’s just that I would personally prefer the power amp be self contained in the Kabinet rather than have another component to worry about moving around).

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• I have the Fryette PS2 also and while I don’t have anything else to compare it to, I’m actually hoping that when a powered Kabinet version appears it’s amp will be stereo so that you could drive a second unpowered Kabinet. That would let me keep my Fryette with my tube amp.

Have any specifics been shared on if the powered version will be able to do this? It would sure help some of us on the fence on how to proceed with any related purchase decisions (i.e. - if the powered version won’t be able to drive an unpowered Kabinet in stereo, I would just proceed now in getting a stereo power amp and another unpowered Kabinet. It’s just that I would personally prefer the power amp be self contained in the Kabinet rather than have another component to worry about moving around).

It seems more likely that each powered Kabinet will have a regular mono connection. You can then connect one each to the direct and monitor outputs of the Kemper.

• I doubt they’d release a stereo version. For one, it’d be an unnecessary extra expense for anyone only wanting to run in mono (which I’d guess is the majority of KPA users), and as someone else said, you can just buy two mono versions. However, there has been no official announcement that a powered Kabinet is definitely in the works, only that if one does appear, it would be after the initial non-powered Kabinets. I wouldn’t plan for it.

• I doubt they’d release a stereo version. For one, it’d be an unnecessary extra expense for anyone only wanting to run in mono (which I’d guess is the majority of KPA users), and as someone else said, you can just buy two mono versions. However, there has been no official announcement that a powered Kabinet is definitely in the works, only that if one does appear, it would be after the initial non-powered Kabinets. I wouldn’t plan for it.

I think I recall them saying that they would release a powered one sometime after the unpowered one. Makes sense, given units like the stage.

When that happens is anyone's guess.

• I think I recall them saying that they would release a powered one sometime after the unpowered one. Makes sense, given units like the stage.

When that happens is anyone's guess.

You're right, Christoph Kemper said that a powered version "is in the works" in the Kabinet Q&A thread.