A "Character" knob for monitor output section and or Amp section

• Not sure really how to articulate this but, here goes.

I like the way the character knob works in the cabinet section while on headphones, it sometimes can add a sort of airy splash to the guts of the tone and dynamics of the Profile are felt , too me, a little deeper through out the spectrum especially when combined with the Space effect. And for the most part sounds to help really fluff out the sound through a real cab.

Problem has always been that most dramatic settings even as high as 1.0 and much much higher will cause this whistling noise when playing high gain and sounds like ice picks through the speakers in the real cab. Powered wedges and PA systems also seem to get a weird sound when dialed too high but sounds So Good in the headphones! The noise is like a bad comb filter spike in the high end.

I'm not exactly suggesting to have to exact same parameter in the amp and monitor output section but more so something similar in the way it acts and reacts or maybe just the idea of a little more razzle dazzle. Hope this make sense , chairs

Edit: I like the effect of "Character" in the cab section when using a real cab with monitor cab off but in order to get rid of the whistle/crackle I have to use a studio eq and pin point what frequency is spiking and dial it completely out.

Edited once, last by Awesome_Elvis: Forgot to mention ().

• AFAIK Character is only a smoothing of whatever is loaded in the Cabinet slot, which giVes you the ability to go from the profiled cab sound to what sounds like an analog speaker simulator.

It smoothes the mids but low and high frequency content also comes through that previously was filtered out by the CABINET.

There is nothing non-linear going on, so the dynamics do not change.

If you like what it does minus the extra low and high frequency content - try Pure Cab.

• Maybe dynamics isn't the right word for that particular section I described and no issues with the low end.

I've used pure cab and unfortunately it doesn't maintain the integrity of the sound mentioned. In headphones it changes dramatically, as well as the PA.

This can be heard the most when the character knob is on 5 and then pure cab is turned on.

Pure cab helps fight the whistle spike in a real cab but doesn't help air or fluff it out any. If anything, it's adds a small weird little mid frequency napkin in front of the tone and its kinda not that good.

If pure cab could be only activated for monitor out OR main out, that could help maybe.

All in all, i should just gett a Kone and a Kabinet lol

Cheery O