Profile help , same delay and reverb on every profile

• Heu guys,

just downloaded Tone junkies Mark 5 and JTM 45 and every profile seems to have the same delay and reverb in the effects section ? Surely this isn't right ?

• Welcome to the forum! I've noticed that many of the commercial profilers have a "canned" set of stomps and effects that they put with their rigs.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Hello and welcome :)

The answer to your "problem" is that you can turn those fx off

or alter them to your liking and then press "Store" .

A lot to read about it in the manual :thumbup:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• the biggest problem with Tine Junkie profiles is that he sets the DLY + Rev mix to +58% on nearly everything. This is in the rig menu and can’t be locked to you need to manually set it back to 0 or your preferred setting on every rig manually and re save. It’s a massive PITA for me as there isn’t any way to lock the Rig settings and there isn’t any batch edit feature in RM that would let me reset the 600+ Tone Junkie profiles I have. I’m not knocking the quality of the profiles as I actually love their stuff but the way effects come with rigs can be a real nuisance is you don’t use the same sort of FX settings.

• the biggest problem with Tone Junkie profiles is that he sets the DLY + Rev mix to +58% on nearly everything. This is in the rig menu and can’t be locked to you need to manually set it back to 0 or your preferred setting on every rig manually and re save. It’s a massive PITA.

Agreed.

The DLY + REV mix setting used to be in the System Settings beforehand and could be set globally. This has changed a few OS updates ago and is now on a per rig basis. I've emailed Jonathanrsullivan about that a while ago, suggesting that they could maybe leave this setting to 0% on future releases, but was told that this is the way they do majority of their profiles. A real pain for some users that have their "go to" effects & settings locked as this setting bypasses the locked FX / Effects block.

Edited 2 times, last by Slyman ().

• yes indeed, a major PITA. I think he said in a recent video that they now set it 0% on most new pack bit it doesn’t help with the old ones unfortunately.

HDub loves his 'lay-verb' for sure!
    Alan - with your sig mentioning a previous addiction, may I ask what your go-to profile is for Boogies?

'19 Relish Eucalypt Mary | '17 PRS McCarty 594 | '15 PRS 408 | '96 PRS Custom 22 | '78 Les Paul Custom | '19 Silver Sky

Kemper Toaster | Rack | Remote

Friedman ASM-12 | Atomic CLR Neo Mk II Wedge | ValveTrain Powertrain Studio 20

• nothing beats profiling your own the way you like them but taste is so personal its impossible to have a favourite as there are so many great ones out there though. I’m not from the Metallica metal school so I’m not really after the “classic” MK2 c+ that som many people seem to go for. I grew up on Larry Carlton, Santana, Robben Ford, Lukather etc. I seem to have settled on MBritt Dumble profiles instead of Boogies these days.

• The thing is that HW seems such a decent chap I can forgive him for generalising the delay and reverb.

Although saying that, I purchased their Edge amp pack a whole ago which included a U2 Streets have no name performance and the delay on that is absolutely fantastic, (although the Edge is the reason I picked up the guitar 35 years ago).

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• My favorite way of demoing profiles is dry.

So far any preset that sounds great dry will sound awesome when I dial in my own favorite Reverb and Delay.

Or just lock your favorite Reverb and Delay to your bread and butter settings so now that you browse profiles you are comparing apples to apples.

• just lock your favorite Reverb and Delay to your bread and butter settings so now that you browse profiles you are comparing apples to apples.

The DEL + REV mix referred above is saved in Rig settings and affects your preferred Delay / Reverb presets even if they are locked.

You need to manually dial this setting back to 0% on every profile using it, then save/store in order to demo it with your "bread and butter" presets.

• I apologize for the older releases and every now and then a current release being set this way. It stems from a change Kemper made some time ago. I had a favorite delay setting that used to have the delay rev mix set to 58%. At that time the DEL REV Mix parameter was located in the Delay slot of the effects section. After an Update they moved the parameter and all rigs with that delay effect are rebuilt on the kemper with that setting now located in the Rig menu.

• hi Jonathan,

thanks for taking the time to explain the background. It is much appreciated.

I don’t meant to sound harsh or critical of you personally when referring to this issue. I understand how this problem came about and it is totally understandable. Frustrating but understandable.

I often use you rigs as an example a problem which would benefit from batch editing functionality or the ability to lock Rig settings in RM for editing purposes. I do this purely because it is a real world problem form me on a daily basis rather than some hypothetical issue that could be solved by a different workflow on my behalf.

best wishes

alan

• Jonathanrsullivan I just bought the EVERYTHING pack as your recent deal was too good not to ?

i am really looking forward to exploring all those amazing amps. Not looking forward to manually resetting the Delay/Reverb balance from +58% to 0% and resaving every time I change rig though ?

Burkhard PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE , PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE. Introduce some form of batch editing function ASAP before mu wife finds my cold dead body swinging from the rafters ?