Scorpions "Coast To Coast" cover

• My cover of the fantastic track "Coast To Coast" from the Scorpions' "Animal Magnetism" album released in 1979. Doesn't get much cooler than the Schenker bros. and crew, does it? This one done with some excellent profiles from the ReampZone.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for listening!

• Thanks guys, appreciate you taking the time to give it a listen!

The new Rig Manager definitely simplified attempting Michael's halfcocked-wah tone. Without even having an expression pedal hooked up to the Kemper, I just used the editor to drop a wah in my chain, dialed thru the frequency until I heard what I was after, and had a go at it. Saved the profile and anytime I need that tone it's there. Too cool. I'm sure some folks will say "well, duh, you can just do the same thing with an actual wah pedal" but hey I'm geeky and I like the fact that I can save the profile and just recall the exact same tone whenever I need it. Seven years in with the Kemper, still amazes me every time I go to record or play a gig (when one could still play a gig).

Best wishes to everyone out there, stay well!

• Hi,

First, what a great job on coast to coast. I've tried to recreate Schenker Wah on Built to Destroy (slightly more pronounced than on Coast to Coast). But I don't seem to be able to do it. 1) I insert a Wah and it sound identical to my original profile, 2) I am lost on the frequencies adjustment.

Would be able to guide me as to how to dial it properly?

Stephane

• Great track... a classic!

Hi,

First, what a great job on coast to coast. I've tried to recreate Schenker Wah on Built to Destroy (slightly more pronounced than on Coast to Coast). But I don't seem to be able to do it. 1) I insert a Wah and it sound identical to my original profile, 2) I am lost on the frequencies adjustment.

Would be able to guide me as to how to dial it properly?

Stephane

A little off topic, but I did a cover of "Rock You To The Ground" from that album a few years ago that turned out very similar but alas it was using an amp sim rather than the Kemper. A lot of tone chasing was involved, but if you like to know how that was done please PM me. But to address your comment, if you have your wah enabled and working the tone should indeed sound much different from the original profile!