Just bought a non-powered lunchbox and remote - help with connections

• Should be receiving my unit on Wednesday. Never had anything but solid state modeling amps before and never been happy with their sounds but absolutely loved the tones I've heard from Kemper videos.

Only using for home play and recording for personal use. Definitely a situation where I have more money than talent, lol, but really wanted decent tones.

So I'm going to go with a Headrush 112 for the speaker, I've decided. Not the best quality, but good bang for the buck and still decent quality and seems to pair well with the Kemper from the videos I've watched.

How do I connect the two? According to the manual, the Main Output (L and R XLR's) sounds like it's meant to go to a mixing board...? Can I go from the Main Output to the Headrush? And do I need one or two XLR's for that? Like, can I just use the L output/input (or just the R's) for Mono? Is there any benefit to using L and R in my situation? I'd prefer to use balanced XLR(s) to TRS, which the manual kinda indicates is what I should be using for the monitor...

And for recording, seems like it's best to go with a Focusrite 8i6 for an extra $80 or so (from the 2i2) in order to be able to use s/pdif? Especially if I'm going to be using the Main Output XLR, assuming I can, for monitoring?

I'm dumb, but I learn quickly if someone can help explain, lol.

• For home use i just go to my interface (focusrite 6i6) using spdif and monitor through my studio monitors.

to use your headrush you can use the r or l main out just make for to have the output set to master mono(unless you have 2 headrush speakers then go with master stereo). You could also use the monitor output for your headrush speaker.

for home use and recording a set of good studio monitors is the way to go in my opinion.

• I'm currently using 2 headrushs' (until my Kemper Kabinets arrive) to get the cool full stereo sound at home. I use monitor outs to them (L to L and R to R of course ) and they sound great. Enjoy