A new product must have Apple iPad support, right?

• Hello friends,

what do you think of apps, for example an editor for the KPM on ipad :?:
    Additionally an ipad hardware interface and life is fun again! :thumbup:
    Anyone who can program such a thing :?:

panhandle :whistling:

• I also think a pc and a mac editor are enough. Even that can be troublesome. Look at the Fractalforum. Apparently the axe 2 has connection problems with a mac (seems to be a problem on apples side, not fractals) and fractal is forbidden to make any statement about this. I sure hope that ck won't maneuver his company into this kind of situation.
    Any pro would be furious about this kinderkarten behaviour of a big company like apple. (I'm using a macbook, so I'm not a hater, just a realist.)

I for one hope to be never able to download any kemper editor from the appstore (since I don't like the whole idea). Just a normal installation, like any other software to. And to those, who will use mountain-lion and its (switchable but default) function to only accept software that comes out of the appstore... well sorry, I can't think of anything but: "Only the dumbest calfs choose their slaughter on their own." (don't know exactly how this translates from german ;) )

• Hello friends,

anyone of you actually know how easy it is to use the ipad?
    I am a musician and i don't like always boot up a computer for a really useful software as an KPM editor.
    The music business is a very fast division and i want to be very productive to make money.
    There is just something new to you, and you want to do a quick audio track in the studio.
    You shut off all appliances and you are thinking, that would be a good idea.
    That's really important for me to respond quickly!
    I'm a professional artist and i don't buy a KPA just for fun.

panhandle

• I also think a pc and a mac editor are enough.

I agree. The more integration into third party products the KPA will have the more problems will arise from it. As soon as there will be something like that the people will start whining again about something not working as it should. It´s an endless circle...

• The whole ipod/pad/phone ecosystem is a closed one, including the proprietary connections that are linked to it.
    Developing an app that can connect the iPad to the Kemper (which is a USB device) -if at all possible- would be a waste of resources on the Kemper side, and a waste of money on the consumer side (i.e. us).

Even if a third party would develop an app for an Android based system (which natively supports USB, although not many tablets have this option atm), there would be huge issues with compatibility and overall use.

Again, just my opinion and I'm not an expert, but I doubt very much that Kemper will invest time and money in developing a TABLET app in the near future.

And yes, I've worked with iPads, and they are indeed easy to use...every device that can only surf the web and display emails should be simple, no? ;)

• The IPad is an amazing device for any musician.
    It has worked its way into my music workflow in so many unexpected ways.
    Instant boot and never a crash.
    It is with me from song writing to the studio to the stage.
    It does not seem that the Kemper is set up to work in a wireless environment but if there were some functionality between the two I would be more than pleased.
    Chris

• @ panhandle

I talked to quite a few pros about the Profiler and one of the things that was mentioned most often was the very intuitive useability.
    why use a virtual knob on a tablet if you can use the real thing?

also, there are plenty of MIDI apps for the iPad. All you need is a MIDI I/O adapter and to configure the software to do what you want.

• If an ipad editor was possible without a afflicting anyone who hasn't one, I'd say: "Yeah, why not. More possibilitys." But in this case, afaik, ck would need a developers-license from apple, which would make him kind of dependable on the good will of that company.

I can of course totally understand your need to be able to capture ideas AT ONCE, if they strike your mind. I recomend a mobile recorder (like the Sony PCM-M10). For capturing an idea in any situation this is just perfect. And the professional recording has to be done after that, no matter on what device you stored your idea.

I have used an ipad but I found, that I used it for stuff that I could do much more satisfiing with any other gear I have, as an excuse to use it at all and therefore keep it,. So in end I got rid of it. Don't get me wrong I think it is a nice little tool for some situations, mostly surfing, reading and that kinda stuff.
    Believe me, I would never want to talk you out of it, as long as your happy with it. :)

But I'm really concerned about my first point.

• Um, do any of you who are against the idea actually know about the development process for IOS? Development is $99 per year, and doesn't tie you down any more tha PC or OSX development, USB is perfectly possible and has been for years, not just with the camera connection kit, but with the standard lead that comes with the device. Actual development isn't any harder or really much different than targeting OSX as in essence it is OSX albeit a cut down version.

There is no technical reason at all why it couldn't be done and wouldn't be a huge boon to many users.

However, there currently isn't even a PC or Mac editor/librarian, so its a little premature. I'd rather see those done first then Mobile device support. Not to mention there are many other bugs and missing features that need to be fixed. And the final issue is that even if all that is done CK spreading himself thin to another device to support probably isn't so great.

• For the time being there exists today third party solutions for KPA control using an iPad -

Here is one using an app called " TB MIDI Stuff"

see here:

www.kemper-amps.com/forum/inde…hlight=tb+stuff#post31699

Or search on "KPA control via iOS App TB MIDI Stuff using Alesis IO Dock (Apple iPAD ) or Yamaha i-MX1 MIDI interface (iPhone, iPod Touch iPAD) "

• Apple are money hungry villans they dont even allow access to their own products...Kemper please stay away from the corporate nonsense...all we need is the kemper editor!! ;)

• IMHO, it would make more sense to develop the Kemper Editor/Rig Manager on iOS and Android than on PC and MAC for 2 majors reasons:

1) In near future, it will be more Android and iOS devices than PC and MAC.

2) When we're not at home or in the studio and we want to edit and/or manage the profiles... you have more chance to have your smartphone or your tablet than your desktop computer. For instance, I love the idea to update the iStomp with my phone without even using any cable at all...

The only concern would be the future of Windows with Win8... but that's another story.

• Myself - I like to organize all my patches using a spreadsheet with columns for every parameter. Rather like an old school patch librarian.

I can manipulate text files for my own organizational structure that suits the way i work.

For example, I love Colin Wilcocks's Roland GR-55 Floorboard Editor

I can load any GR-55 patch in that editor, and then have it generate a text file with all the specific settings for each FX used in the patch.

Like this:

I wish i had a similar type Win/OSX application tool that could read my KPA files, so I could view all the settings of all my *.kipr files, and organize them "offline" when I'm away from my KPA - so i could be more productive.

Do you guys want to play guitar or to play with your iLikeWastingTime?

Well I'd like to play guitar, hence I'm for the idea of iPad control over the Kemper. Just as I'm for the PC and Mac librarians too, because I'd rather not waste time fiddling with USB memory sticks and trawling through the vast list of rigs and cabs with the very slow methods available from the Kempers own interface.

• Um, do any of you who are against the idea actually know about the development process for IOS? Development is $99 per year.

Not wanting to get political here but, can't you see whats wrong with this?
    That is the same as if Kemper would decide that you are only allowed to share profiles over its own database. And only the profiles Kemper approves are allowed to be shared at all. And on top of that, they will charge a regular fee from anyone who is wanting to share a profile.

• Well I'd like to play guitar, hence I'm for the idea of iPad control over the Kemper. Just as I'm for the PC and Mac librarians too, because I'd rather not waste time fiddling with USB memory sticks and trawling through the vast list of rigs and cabs with the very slow methods available from the Kempers own interface.

I see your point.It's about different people working in a different way and having their own point of view.So for me playing guitar means not to have to mess around with an iPad .That's just me though!