A new product must have Apple iPad support, right?

• I see your point.It's about different people working in a different way and having their own point of view.So for me playing guitar means not to have to mess around with an iPad .That's just me though!

Well, I wouldn't like to have my laptop and a USB drive to transfer, add or remove some profiles because I want to play guitar and not have to mess with the computer at all...

But even if we could have 5000+ profiles already loaded in the KPA with Amp folders and Favorites setlist, and of course without increasing the "already too long" booting time (which is currently not the case), there would always be a moment you would like to add a new profiles (because human beings are never satisfied)...

So, in that case, I just hope I could take my phone (because it's the only devices I ALWAYS have with me, wherever I am), download the profile from the internet and send it to the KPA... perhaps even without any cable, that would be even better...

My 2 cents :)

• IMHO, it would make more sense to develop the Kemper Editor/Rig Manager on iOS and Android than on PC and MAC for 2 majors reasons:

1) In near future, it will be more Android and iOS devices than PC and MAC.

Im not sure about this.

There are over a billion computers running MS operating systems, by 2015 this is meant to reach 2 billion.

This figure is growing quicker than tablet sales.

• I've got a PC, iPad and Android smartphone (Galaxy S2) ...... which would I want to use for editing? Ideally (for convenience) all of them, but for any serious editing definitely the PC. I find the main problem with a smartphone is the amount and size of information you can display without resizing. The iPad is better but I would much prefer to edit on my PC 24" monitor. (Same reason I prefer to use Sonar on my PC instead of Garageband on the iPad with Alesis IO dock). I think perhaps a 'lite' version of an editor for Android and iPad would be a great for convenience. The iPad is a great piece of kit but I don't think the Kemper must have iPad support.

• I feel that we already have got plenty of alternatives on iPAD and iPhone to control the KPA via MIDI.
    There are a lot of Apps you can use right now, nearly out of the box (see the links above).
    It would prefer the Kemper team to release the complete command set for MIDI and to concentrate the ressources on finishing the product 1st.

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

• Im not sure about this.

There are over a billion computers running MS operating systems, by 2015 this is meant to reach 2 billion.

This figure is growing quicker than tablet sales.

Oh, I'm sure about this... Both Microsoft, Google, Apple are all agree that "Post-PC" devices (such smartphone, tablets, tv, game console, etc...) will over-pass the traditional "Personal Computer" (which means: Desktop computers). For instance, there's over 5 billions phones in the world... and a very very large number of them will become "smartphone" sooner or later, regardless if it's iOS, Android, Win8, or any other operating system. And I'm not counting tablets that will definitely take a large part of the market... If you don't trust me, just go check some numbers and announcements from both Apple, Microsoft, Google, and even Facebook (that will soon get almost a billion users by itself).

've got a PC, iPad and Android smartphone (Galaxy S2) ...... which would I want to use for editing? Ideally (for convenience) all of them, but for any serious editing definitely the PC.

I'm not considering a smartphone for serious editing... I'm considering it to download and transfer new profiles; I don't know for you, but if I move a lot, use the Amp at rehearsal place, in studios, on stage, etc...There's no laptop/desktop with me (and I don't want to bring any), and most of the time, there's even no internet connexion. The only device that I ALWAYS have with me, with Internet connexion, is my phone.

For serious editing, I even think any computers is not really good, because I prefer to touch physical controllers, turn knobs, etc... so I'd prefer to edit on the KPA directly, if we can't it just means the KPA workflow isn't good enough... period, because I don't need any computer to edit the Mesa Mark V, Fender Twin, Dual Terror, etc... I even don't need any editor for my 11R or any of the Vox, Digitech, Boss and Art Multi-FX rack I have/had.

My 2 cents

• I think they saying pcs are dead because there are lots of phones doesn't make sense in this conversation.

Just because my phone is running android doesn't turn it into a device that I would use as an editor for the kemper!

• Well I might be wrong but isn't this the most usual way:

At home: loading new profiles, editing them. Comparing them, decide which ones to use, arrange them, setup midi-stuff.
    ---------------> Here you'll need pretty much every aspect of the Kemper (depending on how much you want to tweak sounds)
    Rehearsal: Finetuning rigs to sound good in the band context.
    ---------------> All the controls on the frontpanel will do the trick.
    On stage: very few things to setup like master-volume, maybe the master EQ and little FX-stuff
    ---------------> The controls on the kemper are enough

If I'm on stage or in the rehearsal room, I would not want anyone to wait for me, while I try out new profiles, which I downloaded to my phone on the way to the gig/rehearsal.

Maybe it's just me but extensive tweaking has to be done at home, where you have the time to do it. And if I feel the urge to go into the rehearsal room alone, to programm my sounds there, well then I can take my laptop with me.

Spid: Maybe someday you can do everything with a tablet, that you can do with a PC right now. As well as one day discs of any kind might become obsolete. But none of this is going to happen in the next 5-10 years.

• And yes, I've worked with iPads, and they are indeed easy to use...every device that can only surf the web and display emails should be simple, no?

I own both IOS and Android devices, and I'd like to see something like IOS's Core MIDI in my Android device, or serious music app, or specific audio interfaces like the Alesis IO dock for iPad, or Amplitube or ...

Do you whant to know what IK multimedia says about Android devices for music applications?
    "Not at the moment, as it is not possible. The Android OS cannot handle the low-latency audio requirements for an app like AmpliTube."

At the end, i'm just surfing the web and using gmail with my Android device and using my iPad for music applications.

Saludos!

• Maybe it's just me but extensive tweaking has to be done at home, where you have the time to do it. And if I feel the urge to go into the rehearsal room alone, to programm my sounds there, well then I can take my laptop with me.

Definitely not the way I would use it... Tweaking a sound at home and then discovering it's not good at all on rehearsal or in studio and not being able to "work" properly... and be able to try something else the next time I'm gonna be "home" or somewhere with my laptop and internet (hotel room or so where I might even not have my gear with me... no thanks!)

Spid: Maybe someday you can do everything with a tablet, that you can do with a PC right now. As well as one day discs of any kind might become obsolete. But none of this is going to happen in the next 5-10 years.

Wow, you're definitely off on this one... and I give you less than 3 years to know it (And you can mark my words :)).

Definitely not the way I would use
    it... Tweaking a sound at home and then discovering it's not good at all
    on rehearsal or in studio and not being able to "work" properly... and
    be able to try something else the next time I'm gonna be "home" or
    somewhere with my laptop and internet (hotel room or so where I might
    even not have my gear with me... no thanks!)

I think our ways to work are different and thats ok, since it seems to work for you, as it seems to work for me. ;)
    But everywhere I want to have an editor to tweak my sounds, there is my laptop. And where its not, I don't need to tweak that much.
    And in a hotel room, where I don't even have the kemper beside me... why would I want to tweak a sound there, when I can't even hear, what I'm doing? And even if I wanted to, again, I'd have my laptop with me.
    I'm not a touring pro, so I'm not that often in hotels. But if I am, I think I can think of other ways to spend my time, than tweaking my equipment. :P

Wow, you're definitely off on this one... and I give you less than 3 years to know it (And you can mark my words :)).

Haha ok! We'll see about that :thumbup:

• I agree Steeldom, we probably have different ways to use it... but that's OK, everyone's different :)

Don't get me wrong, I can clearly see usage of an Editor on MAC/PC.
    What I was meaning is mainly a way to download and transfer new Profiles from Internet to the KPA with a Smartphone (not necessary an "Editor")

I'm not a "Touring Pro" guy, but I indeed move a lot from place to place and the more it goes, the more I appreciate very minimal solutions and that's also why I wish the KPA would do things it isn't made for (Looper, Loadbox, Dual-Amp, Tons of effects, etc...).

• Um, do any of you who are against the idea actually know about the development process for IOS? Development is $99 per year, and doesn't tie you down any more tha PC or OSX development, USB is perfectly possible and has been for years, not just with the camera connection kit, but with the standard lead that comes with the device. Actual development isn't any harder or really much different than targeting OSX as in essence it is OSX albeit a cut down version.

You may want to review the apple developer pages about the development process of hardware for iOS devices.
    Timo

• You may want to review the apple developer pages about the development process of hardware for iOS devices.
    Timo

MFI isn't required in order to develop an app that connects to the outside world, it's only if you want to develop hardware for IOS, which is quite a different thing.

For example you have MIDI control access direct in the API, you also have the external accessories API http://developer.apple.com/lib…duction/Introduction.html and finally if you don't want to go wired and instead go all out the IOS API also offers wireless communication options (e.g. connect through a computer, or even through a bluetooth dongle attached to the KPA).

There are lots of apps in the app store designed to communicate with external devices. Whether it's OSC, basic Midi, DAW or other app control, or even full blown VNC's. At it's heart the Kemper is a computer, one set up to do one specific task, but one that already accepts MIDI, which is all that's needed for a librarian or editor really.