Reamping dry signal low

• Hi all,

I have the same issue recording guitar as this thread, but unfortunately can't resolve it with the fix:

S/pdif dry signal - low volume

Via SPDIF, I'm sending both a dry and wet signal out of the Kemper and into Logic via a UA Apollo X4. The volume on the wet signal is fine, however the dry signal volume is significanly lower. Wet signal wave form at 50% in Logic, dry signal is down at 10%. The following settings are in place.

Kemper Input Settings

Clean Sens: Maxed at 12db

Input Source: Front Input

Kemper Output settings

Main Output: Master Stereo.

Direct Output: Master Mono

SPDIF Output: Git / Master Mono

Any help appreciated. Many thanks.

CJ

• Thanks for your responses. Yes, the Clean sense is crazy high but boosting it normally fixes that issue. Unless my settings are wrong.

It matters because my mixing engineer wants both a dry and wet take. Wet for reference and dry for better mixing. He complains that I barely give him enough volume to work with on the dry.

It doesn't look like this one can be solved, so I'll resort to abanoning reamping and doing two separate takes for each track.

All the best.

• Haha ^^^^  8)8)8)

Cool. how are you using it? It is just a direct profile of the power amp with no pre amp and no speaker which I made for a test to see how big a sole the power amp plays in the signal chain. I tried using it with my Triaxis into the power amp profile to compare against the Triaxis into the power amp itself. I also compared it to the Triaxis profile without the power amp. The result was that the profile of the Triaxis itself was dull and lifeless but the real Triaxis into the profiled power amp sounded great. Also the full profile of Triaxis and power amp sounded great.

An Over drive pedal in the Stomps into the 2:ninety profiles should give an interesting sound too.

• Been using it as a base and adding some effects afterwards. I think it sounds pretty good to my ears out of Line Power Amp 212 with some cab emulation. Was actually used for the main guitar (left side) on this, with some chorus and (more) reverb added.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Great profiles!