BIN file extraction

• I'm totally newbie here. Just purchased my Kemper Stage. Looking at the updates, found there's a new version: 7.3. Download it but I can even know how to extract the bin file. My Mac doesn't recognize it. What would be the best extraction app to do that.

• But what is the exact problem?

The bin file doesn't require extraction, it just needs to be stored on the prepared USB memory stick. And that stick then needs to be plugged into the PROFILER.

The zip download package does includes a document with step by step instructions how to update the PROFILER via USB memory stick. At which step do you have/had issues?

• Perhaps a misunderstanding? If you unzipped the zip-file already and find the kaos.bin in the folder, no other extraction is needed. Sorry, if that is too obvious.

Perhaps a misunderstanding? If you unzipped the zip-file already and find the kaos.bin in the folder, no other extraction is needed. Sorry, if that is too obvious.

You're totally fine Burkhard. I'm a little dumb concerning this ... Finally I realized that the Bin file is the format Kemper reads ... :>

• But what is the exact problem?

The bin file doesn't require extraction, it just needs to be stored on the prepared USB memory stick. And that stick then needs to be plugged into the PROFILER.

The zip download package does includes a document with step by step instructions how to update the PROFILER via USB memory stick. At which step do you have/had issues?

No problem anymore... Just realized the bin file is exactly the file Kemper reads ... :> Thanks for the patience.

• I understand this now, I was confused as well and tried to "extract" the .bin file, which ended up with a lot of nonsense, as you can imagine. I guess my Maxc OS extracted it automatically....

• I understand this now, I was confused as well and tried to "extract" the .bin file, which ended up with a lot of nonsense, as you can imagine. I guess my Maxc OS extracted it automatically....

if people take the time to read the How to update the KEMPER PROFILER operating system pdf file it will save some frustrating time:thumbup:

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• I can see his point, it got me too. Kemper manual says once you download the operative system unzip it first and then import it to Kemper but actually when downloaded it is already unzipped to .bin so there's no need to do that ...their mistake on creating confusion imho

• I can see his point, it got me too. Kemper manual says once you download the operative system unzip it first and then import it to Kemper but actually when downloaded it is already unzipped to .bin so there's no need to do that ...their mistake on creating confusion imho

nah is not Kemper mistake is an user mistake

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

The manual is correct. There is no KEMPER download page, where you could just download an unzipped bin-file. All update packages are zip-files including manuals and documentation beside the kaos.bin.

• The manual is correct. There is no KEMPER download page, where you could just download an unzipped bin-file. All update packages are zip-files including manuals and documentation beside the kaos.bin.

when I'm wrong I'm wrong :) I misread the text file in that folder and yes you are right