Anyone else had this weird 'swishy' sound?

• This is the sound I've been getting this morning. I can't say I've had it more than a couple of times before, or if I have I just haven't really noticed it the other occasions, but it's been pretty evident this morning. You can hear it right after each note is played. I tried a few different profiles, all of my guitars (including humbucker equipped), and no effects in the chain either on the pedalboard or in the kemper.

Not sure where it's come from but I've had weird hiss type sounds before from the kemper, most notably some hiss that would build for a time before dissipating and not being heard again until the next time I started it up. Makes me wonder if there's something up with the kemper head itself, but then I used to own a bias amp head which exhibited something similar. I've actually got a recording here from back when it was happening and it's fairly similar. Anyone think there could be something else at play here?

For context this is the set up I currently have in my apartment. As you can see it's pretty close to the TV/ Wi-Fi router but there isn't anywhere else it can all go. I've tried to use good quality shielded cables to prevent any interference but I don't know if they could still be having an effect, or even if this kind of effect can come from the other electricals?

Thanks for any help :)

- Liam

Edited once, last by 4sqbbs ().

• Hellu .

Same "buzz sound" in headphones ?

Something loose in the cab ?

Something vibrating in your room ? :/

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Hi, have You already tried to switch On/Off the ground lift .. just to try if the hiss remains.

Yeah I've tried the ground lifts and no change

Not tested in headphones, but the sound is definitely coming from the speaker rather than the cab itself. Curiously I've just been back on the issue is no longer present again :/. Maybe pointing toward something external to the kemper causing the issue?

• You wrote "no effects in the chain on pedalboard", does that mean

no effects are on, or the pedalboard is not connected at all ?

Have you tried with just one cable from guitar into input of KPA

and nothing else connected except the "Kabinet" ?

Looking at the picture I assume you have the powered KPA ???

Can´t se any power amp :P

Cheers !

• Sorry that was a miss-type! I was meaning that I was plugged directly guitar > kemper. I'm using the camplifier to power the kabinet, however back when I had the bias head with the similar sound that was the built in poweramp for that head being used. I also had a similar sound when I was using the kemper with the Laney LFR-112, so I'm fairly confident the camplifier is fine.

Profile is of a Lazy J clean. I tried a few profiles (all clean) and the noise persisted at the time.

Noise gate is normally completely off as usually the most gain I have is just over edge of breakup, however when I got this noise I tried turning up the noise gate with no benefit, and also a high cut filter on the effects after the profile to see if that made a difference.

I'm sorry I'm not sure which settings you mean for the amp settings. For the recording noise gate was high, no effects before or after the profile or from my pedalboard (plugged direct guitar in to amp). Power amp is camplifier studio, however unplugging the monitor out from the camplifier (camplifier still plugged in to the kabinet), the kabinet is dead silent.

Thanks for your help!

- Liam

• Well, a noice gate is what it says : a gate that is closed when not playing, to stop

noice like buzz or fizz from guitar or lo-fi cables. When playing the "gate" is open.

It is NOT a Dolby™ system that lower noice in sounds / music .......

Do you have another amp to try with the Kabinet, and not use the KPA at all,

to hear if that noice is still there ?

Just to sort out if it´s the KPA or the Kabinet ....

And have you tried with headphones yet ? ;)

Cheers !

• I'm not sure how the noise gate would help at all in this scenario though as I'm sure the kemper isn't supposed to make a phasey swish sound after each note.

Haven't tried with headphones, however this issue appeared a while ago, before I owned the camplifier/ kabinet, and has in fact gone again since posting this, but it was there with my Laney LFR-112. My kpa has always had a bit of a hiss issue though (this comes through all outputs, headphones included. It's a strange hiss that builds after around 2 minutes and dissipates after a further 3 or so minutes not to be heard again until the next time the kpa is powered on), which may be unrelated but potentially worth mentioning. I have a support ticket open for that though.

- Liam

• I know I'm a little late to the party, but I'm curious: did you ever resolve this issue?

I've been experiencing what I think may be the same thing (Help! Nasty sounds during note decay). After creating a support ticket, they eventually replaced the DSP chip and analog board. Unfortunately, even after all of that, I still get that sound underneath all the notes...no matter what guitar or profile I'm using.