Rig Manager 3.0.117 bug(s)?

• Hello *all,

i just upgraded to recent Rig Manager and profiler firmware. It seems there are some major bugs with managing performances.

To me it seems the slots are not correctly initialized and storing wrong content when changing / storing performances.

1. I have to be in performance mode to work with performances from rig manager. Right?

2. Before i populate slots or anything else i have to double click the performance slot to make it "active" (set the focus).

This also brings up the "Save" Buttons in the bottom of the screen.

I'm able to change things without doing this first, but it seems, that things are getting worse then.

3. I change the performance (populate slots with rigs, change the name of the performance, ...)

4. I use the "Store Performance in #x" button on the bottom of the page

Although following this strict routine my performances are getting messed up over and over again.

- Wrong names

- i suddenly get the first performance in slot 2 also

I have not tried to populate performances before the actual release, so i can't tell if it was good in the last release.

I have no problems when working with rigs (Browse Mode)

Anyone else experiencing problems?

Uninstall / Reinstall Rig Manager?

• I have similar experience with performance management via RM and I already sent a detailed description with screenshots to support. However we should not assume that you're hitting the same issue - so you should report your findings to support as well.

• I already talked to support - they confirmed several issues with rig manager and performances. One specific issue (changing performance one also changes performance two) could be solved by resetting the stage to factory default.

Currently i use the rig manager with lots of care and mostly configure on the device itself, which seems to be much more stable and reliable.

There is also a discussion on the german forum about the rig managers reliability and issues, so this is nothing new as i seems.

• I already talked to support - they confirmed several issues with rig manager and performances. One specific issue (changing performance one also changes performance two) could be solved by resetting the stage to factory default.

Currently i use the rig manager with lots of care and mostly configure on the device itself, which seems to be much more stable and reliable.

There is also a discussion on the german forum about the rig managers reliability and issues, so this is nothing new as i seems.

For me the following steps solved this problem.

The problem in this case seems to be the Kemper update process to 7.3. So I installed 7.22 with the USB stick, then I made my Kemper backup on the USB stick. The next step is to update the Kemper to 7.3 with Rig Manager or USB stick.

Then restore your backup.

For the future I'll do a backup before any update.

Anyway, there are some things that are very confusing. You can select a performance e.g. no 1 (double click). Then select another performance e.g. no 5 just with one click. If you then double click in a slot from performance no 5, the slot in Performance no 1 is selected on the Kemper. If you edit something with the editor, you will edit the wrong performance no 1.

Second example, if you copy or create a performance from the local library, it is not immediately displayed on the Kemper, but the Save button is also not activated either. Only when you select a different performance (double click) and return again, you will see on the Kemper that this was saved automatically and without having explicitly confirmed this action.

Be the force with you ;)

• Hello, I have this issue also ....Yep, restoring a previous backup has "re-set" storage ordering for me. However, maybe 5% of the time, when scrolling through performances and selecting a rig, it jumps to a random performance instead of the one I choose!

I have received an email and have sent back files as requested, hopefully it is something that can be sorted.

I have to say..... once I opened a support ticket, I was contacted reasonably quickly and felt reassured that I was being looked after.... So, I'm confident this will be remedied soon.

• Sweet guys, I just saw there's a software update out now and it looks like the performance mode is being addressed along with other bugs. Finger crossed. Update in progress......

I tested out the new update and it fixed my performance issues (the Kemper, not my playing haha)

'19 Relish Eucalypt Mary | '17 PRS McCarty 594 | '15 PRS 408 | '96 PRS Custom 22 | '78 Les Paul Custom | '19 Silver Sky

Kemper Toaster | Rack | Remote

Friedman ASM-12 | Atomic CLR Neo Mk II Wedge | ValveTrain Powertrain Studio 20