Wah/Expression Pedal Issues

• I just bought two Moog EP3 Exp Pedals and was trying to set them up this morning for today's rehearsal. Using Rig Manager i inserted a wah into the signal chain. I tried a few settings and the wah just doesn't wah at all, it sounds like it's doing some weird synth thing, difficult to describe. I calibrated, i made certain the assigns were correct, I watched the Stage Profiler screen as the position indicator moved (wah only, Pitch, Volume and Morph were not moving).

It seems I've trouble-shooted every angle. I tried the different switch settings on the EP3, and since I have two EP3's I even tried the other pedal in case the first one was defective. I have a strong feeling that this is operator error, I am new to the Kemper workflow (came from Helix, and Fractal before that).

Another thing I have noticed while watching the wah position indicator is that there seems to be a lot of "dead play" in between the range of the pedal's physical movement and the Kemper's response. On both the wah and calibrate screen I have to move the pedal over a 3rd of it's sweep away from toe before the indicator moves.

EDIT:, As I was typing this it occurred to me to check and see if the switch setting affected this, sure enough, it solves the "dead play" issue, but my primary issue of non-useable wah still persists.

Any help appreciated.

• Replying to my own post. Seems the problem is Rig Manager related. I disconnected from RM, manually inserted the wah, and it's working like a charm. Leaving this post up in case it's a bug or new user error and someone else finds it helpful.

• If the Wah bar on page Pedal Links in Pedal Settings of your Stage follows you pedal movements from min to max, the pedal assignment seems set up correctly. Make sure, that the range pot of the Moog expression pedal is set to maximum for optimum resolution of the pedal.

Not sure, what you really did, when you "inserted a Wah" via Rig Manager. A complete effect consists of an effect type and all its settings. There are ways to just change an effect type as such, but maintain all other settings, which can be useful. In your case it might be better to start with an effect preset, which includes type and settings. For a wah I would start with the preset "Cry". You can select this via front panel (open a module e. g. C and turn the BROWSE knob to select "Cry" from the list of wah wah presets. You find "Cry" also in Rig Manager under All Presets/MyProfiler and could drag & drop it into the effect module of your choice.

• "Inserted a wah" just referred to adding a wah to my signal chain. As I indicated above, got it worked out. With the Fractal and Helix, I always used my Morley and never even tried the wahs in those units so working with modeled wahs and all of their options was just a little strange to me. Tested it at rehearsal and the CAE model worked like a charm and sounded great. I really dig the "Off at Stop" setting.

One thing I haven't really figured out is the Volume parameter, it seems to have no effect. Would be nice to get a quick and instant boost for those occasional quick fills.

Is it possible to trigger a wah, boost and even maybe some delay simply by using the wah with no additional switching involved?

• If you want to do all these with just one pedal, you could set up your expression pedal as Morph Pedal and activate MorphPedal to Wah. Now you pedal could morph for example the Mix parameter of a delay effect from 0% to x%. At that time no wah effect should be engaged, otherwise you would trigger wah and morph at the same time. So you would probably want to prepare different Rigs for different situations. To boost you could either morph Rig Volume or use Wah Pedal Booster effect type which is flexible to either just increase volume or pre amp drive the amp into higher saturation.

• Thanks, still deep diving into the Kemper. It is such a different work flow than the Helix or Ax8. That said, it's a wonderful rig. Enjoying it so far.