Cabinet Only Profiles

• I make cabinet I/Rs using a sine sweep and DeConvolver. It seems like the Kemper could be able to do a better job. I'm not certain if the Kemper profiles the distortion of a speaker or not, but I/Rs do not.

I would like to make a profile in the usual way, but with the following differences:

1. A setting to tell the Kemper that this is a CABINET ONLY profile.

2. Using a linear amplifier connected to the speaker, make a profile that only makes a cabinet.

3. The Kemper would know not to try and profile an amp. It would store the profile as a cabinet.

4. Tada. A well made cabinet for the Kemper.

What could be better?

Signed illegibly,

Mahhonghuo Frandiflicooubblr

(Wolf)

• there is currently a way to this But it may not seem obvious.

the solution is Merged Profiles.

a merged profile is a subtractive process which compares two profiles of an identical rig - with and without speaker. It then subtracts the amp only (Direct Amp Profile) from the full rig (Studio Profile) to leave only the Speaker as a separate preset.

• I agree it would be cool if the amp slot simply would stay empty in such a cab only mode.

But you can just profile a clean poweramp with your cab and then take that cab for other profiles.

But if you use deconvolver too then use either a 441khz 60 sec sweep ot use r8b to covnert it to 44.1kHz

then use kemper cab maker and you have basically a cab only profile