My First Profiling - Rocktron Piranha Preamp only

• Hi,

I finally got some occasion to profile my *only* preamp I have: Rocktron Piranha. Setup was quite easy. The profile is "preamp-only". I don't have good mic to use for whole rig profiling...

Anyhow, my impression for the first profiling experience is... "scary". Through my monitor (actually i used my MosValve power amp to Avatar 2x12 for monitoring, as I am profiling only preamp), I could not actually distinguish between the Kemper and Reference, as soon as profiling was finished... At least on my monitoring setup, I just couldn't hear the difference.... Seriously, it scared me... :thumbup:

I did Ch2 and Ch3. Uploaded two versions of each channel, no cab version (as i find very slight difference in tone when i bypass the cab) and the version with "legendary" or "Kemper official high-gain" cab, Tills 06 (which TM06 stands for). Hope you find it usable.

Jake

Edited once, last by jakeykim ().

• Glad you liked it. This preamp has pretty versatile EQ with sweepable mid frequency. One could get very wide range of tone from it. I like Ch.3, but the setting I profiled today may not have been the best I could get. I will try some other setting later.

Anyway, I am VERY impressed by Kemper's profiling results. To my ears, the results sounded 100% identical (both sound and feel) through my monitor.

Jake

• Thanks Jake!
    They sound great. I will use these for sure.
    I would love to have a profile of the Piranha preamp in a clean setting with out a cab.

Thanks again Bill

Thank you, Bill. I am actually a fan/user of your profiles :)

As far as the clean profiling is concerned, my understanding is that KPA's cab section contains 100% information (for power amp/cab) and a generic preamp is selected and fixed prior to profiling. This means that, no-cab clean profile of preamp-only setup will produce identical results, no matter what preamp is used as reference amp. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!
    Jake