Mono/Stereo selection of Aux for each Output

• Going back to basic and bypassing as much as possible, I connected the same guitar cable I used (to do the Return and Aux In tests at the back of the KPA using my guitar) from the Headphone Output jack of my FocusRite and going into the Aux input on the KPA. So its one guitar cable from my FocusRite into the Kemper, that's it, very simple. I actually tried 3 guitar cables with the same results every time.

I used my iphone to record what was coming out of my headphones (ATH-M50X) and attached it here

In the .zip file there are 2 files :

You Shook Me - Headphones from KPA.m4a --- The setup explained above, headphones connected to the KPA

You Shook Me - Headphones from FocusRite.m4a --- Headphones connected to the FocusRite.

We can clearly hear that one guitar is missing (or barely audible) from the "Headphones from KPA" mix.

Hopefully, this will get resolved soon! Thanks for you help, I really appreciate i! :)

Hugo

• I also made the same test but output goes to my guitar cabinet (Monitor Output) instead of the KPA Headphones output and I experience the same thing where the guitar disappear from the mix in the song I play from my computer.

• A TS plug in the headphone output socket of your FocusRite might be the trouble maker. Headphone outputs are normally stereo and shortuctting the left and right signal within that socket might cause a cancellation. The correct approach would be a cable with a TRS jack on the FocusRite side and two TS jacks on the PROFILER side plugged into RETURN and ALTERNATIVE IN.

• Kemper Support #1

Sadly, I only have 2 line outputs and they are dedicated to my external monitors.

Thank you Burkhard , that makes a lot of sense! I will try that in the near future.

In the meantime, I will try to send my Kemper output signal to my FocusRite and see how it goes.

Thanks guys!

• I thought you were using the current version of the Focusrite Scarlett which offers 4 line outs.

But even with just two line outputs you could find out if the issue is caused by the cable or headphone out of your interface.

For monitoring simply connect your monitors to the main outs of the profiler.