Noticeable difference in sound between Browswer and Performance modes.

• Kind of a newbie here. I notice when I listen to a rig in browser mode, then add it to a performance, there is a very noticeable difference in sound. It isn't as loud nor as bright sounding. I don't do any edits/modifications at all to the rig before adding it to the performance. Is there a setting between the two that I'm not checking? Thanks and sorry if this is a dumb question.

Donnie St. James

Monkeyboy Music

• really, !?!? I've never noticed!

I'm not en Expert of ''Performance'' mode .. I've just created 4 but .. realy I can't did notice any difference ..

Looking this thread to get experienced

• Compare your Input Settings in the two Modes:

They are Locked, by default, in Performance Mode.

They are Unlocked, by default, in Browse Mode.

I was so hoping this was the issue. I checked the input settings in both, and the noise gate was on 4.3 in performance mode, but not in browser. I switched it in performance mode to match browser mode (0.0) but unfortunately it didn't change anything. I really appreciate the tip though.

Donnie St. James

Monkeyboy Music

• I was so hoping this was the issue. I checked the input settings in both, and the noise gate was on 4.3 in performance mode, but not in browser. I switched it in performance mode to match browser mode (0.0) but unfortunately it didn't change anything. I really appreciate the tip though.

You're welcome - the Locked vs. Unlocked status of the Input Settings matters, too.

Are you using the Default Locked Status (Locked for Browse Mode, and Unlocked for Performance Mode)? This could cause Rig copied to a Performance Slot to sound different in Performance Mode than it does in Browse Mode.

If you have the Input Settings Unlocked, each Rig or Performance Slot has its own individual Input Settings.

If you have the Input Settings Locked, each Rig or Performance Slot uses the Locked Input Settings.

(Edited Post: The Bolded words have been corrected)

• Compare your Input Settings in the two Modes:

They are Locked, by default, in Performance Mode.

They are Unlocked, by default, in Browse Mode.

It's the other way around: locked by default in Browser Mode, not locked by default in Performance Mode.

The idea is, that in Browser Mode you test sounds, one time with guitar A, next time with guitar B. When you change guitars you adjust mainly Clean Sens once and it sticks regardless which Rig you load. In Performance Mode many users organize by songs. So a Performance contains the sounds of a song and the guitar for this song is determined. Clean Sens for this guitar is stored and gets loaded with the Performance . is therefor not locked.

• Update: So I checked and one of the modes was locked, and I apparently unlocked it. Because I'm an idiot I can't remember which one I changed...or actually what I changed, but there is no more difference in sound between the two modes anymore. Unfortunately, it made the change so that the sound I'm getting is the one I didn't want, the one that was more dull sounding. Guess I'll have to go back and poke around a bit.

Thanks again for the tips.

Donnie St. James

Monkeyboy Music