Create Kemper Profiles with a Two Notes Captor, Your DI and an Impulse Response

• You can use a Two Notes Captor (or any Reactive Load with a DI Output) and an Impulse Response (IR) loader in your DAW to act a a cab for making Profiles with your Kemper. I used Reaper and Helix Native as an IR loader but any DAW and IR loader will work.

I didn't use any high or low cuts on the IR but you can adjust to taste. The Profiles come out absolutely perfect.

Diagram of how to setup the hardware:

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/ZNYaxXY.png]

• why would you want to make a Studio profile with the IR baked in?

would it not be better, easier and more flexible to make a Direct Amp Profile using a loadbox (I have Two Notes Torpedo Reload and WoS) and simply load any IR you want into the preset section of RM. that way you can mix and match properly without the KPA having to guess which part of the sound is amp and which part is speaker then separate these out to let you try a different IR.

• why would you want to make a Studio profile with the IR baked in?

would it not be better, easier and more flexible to make a Direct Amp Profile using a loadbox (I have Two Notes Torpedo Reload and WoS) and simply load any IR you want into the preset section of RM. that way you can mix and match properly without the KPA having to guess which part of the sound is amp and which part is speaker then separate these out to let you try a different IR.

I have been making direct profiles straight from the output of the Captor with no IR, using the No Cabinet option when making the profile. They never sound as good as real amp when I A/B them against each other. The amp always is a little sweeter and has more gain and an EQ curve I can't easily recreate in the Kemper using the Kemper EQ. These profiles with the IR baked in sound exactly like the amp and require zero EQ after the profile is made.

• I need profile school. Have a Captor and Countryman Type 85 DI devices. My results have been so so. Been trying to capture Direct Amp and Texhex's method. Borrowed an SM57 from a work mate for a weekend as well.

There are videos out there but would love to sit in a room with someone who gets nice captures to really check out their technique. Mine are ok but do not match the quality of the amps being profiled. I use pro or free ones from the community and some are just so good. :|

• Thanks for the inspiration with this post Texhex (and Wheresthedug as well)! Profiled an amp using my Captor and thought it sounded good. Raised the volume a bit coming (out of the DI). Used the method that Wheresthedug mentioned but the Captor was involved non the less . It is in the wee hours here and the hours have gone by. If it sounds good tomorrow I will be satisfied.

Off topic do you hang around the tgp.net? Your name and avatar look familiar. Spoke with a fellow down in Texas regarding a Mark V a while ago at the site.

Hoping for good tone tomorrow.

Edited once, last by Mookytc ().

• Funny things is I have gone back and checked my created profiles. While the sound is not always good through studio monitors, kones., frfr they all sound real good through a standard guitar cab (with various speaker combos). Pleased with that so guess it all roles up to thing about the Profiler.

Many ways to use it as a player and one should be able to find their sweet spot with it (spending enough time doing the experimentation).

• Can you please tell me how I can route the input of the DI to the Output in Reaper? I know, I am a noob lol