Easy fix eq trick

• Well, I'm going back to my old tricks again and this time I'm for sure sticking by the swearing of it.

Put a treble booster in X slot, turn the tone down to 0 to start and put the mix at around 65 percent. Slowly turn up the tone till you find the sweetness, increase or decrease volume to taste. Increase or decrease tone as needed.

Kaboom! Easy one knob fix eq!

Works great for darker high gain profiles and probably works good with literally anything else. Test away! Enjoy! Cheers!

• that's basically what it is although I feel it's a little different.

I wonder what the algorithm for this circuit does exactly. To me it seems like a crispy gain stage as opposed to just an eq curve. It also prevents option paralysis. The more you turn up, the less bass and more treble you get. Easy breezy 8)

• I use the Treble Booster in a lot of my rigs, but usually in the C or D slot. Maybe it's my ears, but so many rigs sound dull and bassy to me without it.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I use the Treble Booster in a lot of my rigs, but usually in the C or D slot. Maybe it's my ears, but so many rigs sound dull and bassy to me without it.

Works great there too for sure. I sometimes think it's because the rig just isn't loud enough or not in a mix. But sometimes i think profiles are shot a little low. i started turning treble and presence up higher on the amp than I would actually use and plan on the profiler coming out a little bit darker and thus landing on my intended frequency flavor.

• Appreciate the tip! I would have never gotten this creative with the signal chain. Ironic we are getting the first stretch of warm weather here after a cool spring season. Soon it will be summer and I do not have central air conditioning. The upstairs gets jungle hot so the windows are open.

The retired neighbors don't need to hear my 1976 flashbacks so I often use headphones. I just dropped in a eleven eleven studio rig exchange Wizard MTL profile to check out gain through the cans. At the lower volume some frequencies are just not alive. Put the treble booster and tweaked the knobs it was quite good.

Have a feeling thought there will be some hurting ears in the morning through out the season but this trick is gonna come in handy!

Cheers!

• Hell yeah man glad to hear it!

It's been a month now and I'm still using it as a go to. Works great for real cabs too, I'll be testing it out on the new kemper cab as soon as I get it. My guess is it'll still be usable like that but maybe not. Chairs!

• Yessir, this is the solution I also came up with a month ago. The X SLOT TREBLE BOOSTER.

Tone is adjustable using the mod rate knob.

I use 60% mix, tone around 3.

If, like me, you've found the sound muddy (especially at lower volumes), this is the fix. Solves the "amp-not-in-the room" issue, imo.

Also, although it is true that the clean/dist input levels do not in themselves change the sound, they do affect everything downstream. Its more useful to think of them as a dynamics/EQ setting, rather than a way to balance levels. Setting them good and high brightens and punches up the tone. If you still need to balance clean/dist levels, I advise doing it in the stomps, even if you have to spend slot A just to control the rig input level.

Also, unless you are colorblind, I don't reccomend using the blue/red option for the level leds. The blue looks like it clips sooner than the standard red/green.