Now the backup file is waiting for editing and read back again successfully!

• Hello friends,

you all know the problem with too many rigs.
    Make a .tar and extract it! Someone told in the forum to count rigs.

Let's go one step further:
    Now lets edit the backupfile and delete those rigs you do not need!
    For example make two versions the LIVE and STUDIO rigpack backupfile.
    Re-create it and rename . tar => .kpmbackup

I thought this might be the solution, but it does not work well?
    After restore the modified backup, rigs were no longer available except a sample tone rig!

How it works correctly Mr. Kemper?
    Now say not edit anything on Kemper amp! nich! :D

panhandle

• I thought this might be the solution, but it does not work well?
    After restore the modified backup, rigs were no longer available except a sample tone rig!

Copy the rigs you want into a 'Shared' folder and import them into your Kemper...don't restore the modified backup.

• Thanx for the advice. Is there somewhere a clean and empty backup-file? This would help to import the favorite rigs from scratch. Or is there even a "delete all rigs" function inside the KPA ( which I didn't found) ?

• Hello friends,

would be nice if you would take the issue seriously!
    Is not the problem to take files in a folder, rather the time savings and it starts to delete the unnecessary files.
    Who knows how to edit KPM backup filesand then read back?

panhandle

• You can delete rigs in backup files with the software total commander. Just mark and delete, no unpacking. I don't know if that's save but I find it way more save than unpacking anything, because I like to avoid the influence of ms windows on the files.

• If you "format" the Kemper, all rigs/cabs/effects/etc will disappear right?

I read somewhere, that it's fairly easy to get back all the factory presets, but is there any way that I can clean my Kemper and then only restore the factory stomps and effects?

..And can you extract profiles from the edited backup file (-kpabackup > .tar) to a "shared folder" and then import succesfully, or is it not possible to extract and edit data this way at all? I did understand that you can not change the file-name back to ".kpabackup" and then restore from this..

Kemper made me proud to go digital.

• Then where can you find factory effects?
    It would be nice to start from a clean library, and then install factory effects/stomps and whatever rigs you like

Kemper made me proud to go digital.