City Streets ( blaxploitation ) new vocal version & final mix

• Here is a track I wanted to write since a very long time, but couldn't find any singer to take it to the right level.

It's done , with the help of Lee Rice & Carmen, a Italian singer :)

25 layers of guitars, keys , vocals and that jazzbass line I love !

We're super proud of this soul track :)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Awesome Renaud, great vibe and atmosphere. Great job from you all. Carmen takes it to another level with her contribution I have to say. Guitars and bassline as usual very tasteful. Super cool :thumbup:8)

• Awesome Renaud, great vibe and atmosphere. Great job from you all. Carmen takes it to another level with her contribution I have to say. Guitars and bassline as usual very tasteful. Super cool

Thx Michael , lots & lots of hours spent on this track but yes the result is something to be proud of :)

Carmen was a late addition , but you can definitely feel her Italian enthusiasm here , she's more of a rock singer but we asked her to go soul , and she did :)

The bluesy guitar part is so pleasant to play , I'd love to play it live as there's room for improvisation around these slow & soulful themes.

• Really cool evocative sound, she's got some great pipes too. Love those jazzy soul vibes myself, nodding my head away here as I work listening to this in the background. dig it!

• nodding my head away here as I work listening to this in the background. dig it

Thanks, I reckon this is a groovy and my coolest track so far , I'd love to do more soul tracks like these.

Really cool evocative sound, she's got some great pipes too

Thx for Carmen, she's a great singer , I reckon her voice takes needs much better equipment , I had to use a phone recording she sent us , recorded in Italy during the pandemics. The crappy phone did catch all room sound & a nasty super long reverb. I sorted it out using EQ, comp , and a gate.

Lee & I decided to keep Carmen's phone take since it's such an epic story & a testimony of theses times. That makes this song even more cool to us.