Exporting cab IR's with purchased profiles

• Hey guys kinda a question that has me thinking, but is there a way to export the cab impulse on a profile so you can use it as stand alone impulse? Found a really nice cab impulse and I wanna try it with other amps but it came with a profile I purchased.

• save the cab as a preset then you can drag and drop it on any rig you want in future.

if you are planning on running through lots of amps in succession with the same cab just to try them out it is quicker to lock the cab section in the editor and just load the rig as normal. The whole rig will load except the cab which will remain on the one you want to use. The same thing can be done in reverse. Lock the amp (or everything but the cab if you want) then change rigs - on the cab will actually be updated.

• Would you be seeking to extract the cabinet as an IR response in order to use outside the kemper? Id imagine a few users would like to see this.

This is similar to something i have done in the past but of recent the cabinet sound has been affected during a firmware revision. I used to use just the cab section for “reamping” some older di recordings and it worked great. However, after v5.7 firmware the sound of all cabs got changed and kemper confirmed in the firmware relase notes that part of the amp sound was bleeding into the cab module (or the other way round? I forget...) so something (part of the tone) got moved from the cab to the amp section, resulting in a different cab response.

Whether you like the new result is subjective but my opinion is there has been something good taken away from the cab sound. I can no longer get the sound i had by just employing the cab section. My guess this was in preparation for the “kone” addition that followed shortly afterward.

Sorry if i babbled on a bit. This may not be relevant to you if you have a different application.

See this thread

v5.7.x Cabinet sound changed

• Can somebody please give me step-by-step instructions on saving the cab from a profile as a preset?

Also I've read many times about locking everything but the cab section then just clicking on another profile to test out the original profile with the cab from the other profile. I am assuming this is in Rig Manager... I cannot get this to work.

I can lock everything but the cab then click on cab presets to test those out, but not for existing full rigs.

I am on Rig Manager version 3.0.117.16214.

Thanks.

• From memory, enter the cab section (press and hold cab) then press “store” the options presnted are store the whole rig or just the cab section, which then goes to your “cab pool”

You can also pull up the cab of any other rig when you scroll through the cabs whilst in the cab section, i think you either choose cab from “other profiles” or from you “cab pool”

• Hmmm, that’s strange.

Just checked it again and the lock all but cab and double click a rig method definitely works for me. (Mac OS 10.15.4) Sometimes the name of the cab doesn’t update properly in the bottom left corner but the sound does and all the correct details show in the inspector on the right side.

As for making a preset, load a rig from which you want to use the cabinet. In folder tree click to open the local library Presets folder. Now just drag the cab section from the rig loaded in the editor up to the main window and you have a preset. You can then update any tags etc in the inspector to rename it if you want.

• That is fantastic - didn't think to drag the cab icon in Rig Manager. Worked like a charm. Thank you Wheresthedug.

Unfortunately the lock everything but the cab and double clicking on different rigs doesn't work for me (Windows 10), but I can double click on the cab preset to test things out and now adding cab presets isn't that painful.

Thanks again.