HELP Wanted Ad - Still Struggling! :-)

• *** Feel free to PM me if you prefer

Willing to *pay* anyone who would want to Skype / Facetime to walk me through setting up my modest configuration:

- Kemper

- Saffire Pro 14

- SPDIF cables

- iMac

- Logic Pro X

- KRK ROKIT 5 G3

I'm just looking for basic setup, being able to hear output when connected to the Mac, and being able to get the Kemper recognized in Logic. Thanks.

• I am a Cubase and Windows guy.

- But have you added and configured the s/pdif inputs in Logic? I’ve had a lot of issues myself.

- Have you selected the right output from the Kemper? Which output do you use?

- Have you selected s/pdif instead of internal on the software of the Saffire Pro 14?

- Have you selected the same sync clock on the Kemper and in the software of the Saffire Pro 14?

And if you manage to get the sound through, you have to lower the level coming from the clean channel of the Kemper, so you don’t hear both at the same time. You do that in the software of the Saffire Pro 14. Two channels will be playing. One side is the dry signal and the other is the wet signal. Thun down the volume of the dry signal.

That’s pretty much all the controbution I’m able to deliver. Hope you get it fixed.

• I have a similar setup but with a 6i6.

1. Connect the KPA to your interface using the spdif cables. On my setup these default to inputs 5 and 6 in Logic.

2. In Logic setup the track input to come from 5 and 6 or whatever the relevant number is for your interface, this might be different

3. Set Logic track output to stereo

4. Go to Logic/preferences/audio and make sure that the interface you have is chosen here.

5. Go to logic/recording settings and check the sample rate of the project, it will need to match the setting in the output section of the KPA

6. go to the software for your interface and set the sample clock to spdif.

7. Go to the output section of the KPA clock and set the appropriate sample rate.

8. Attach the speakers to the main outs on your interface.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10