How do I run a 4 cable method with an HX Effects and pair of Kones too ? Solved maybe?

• Hi,

I don't know a way around this but want to use both- So... :)

I have a pair of Kemper Kone's I am running with my Kemper unpowered rack, using the "Direct out/send" and "monitor output" to my SLA-2 power amp L&R inputs. This works great and the Kone's sound wonderful, but that's not the issue.

How would I incorporate / use the "4-cable method" with my HX-Effects (to connect with the Kemper) "and" still use my Kone's too ?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

Edited 2 times, last by spikey ().

• Nvm I think I figured it out. Since the Kone's do not sense a connection from the Kemper (and vice-versa), Using the Kones is either an on, or off process in the Kemper output settings. So If I "send" the signal from the Kemper's "Monitor output" into a mixer input channel strip (mono), and then send this mixer "Control-Room" L&R output into my SLA-2 amplifier inputs, I have then freed up the "Direct Output/Send" port on the back of the Kemper I needed for the "4-cable" method to connect the HX Effects unit. Sure, I lose the "Stereo effect" I had from the separate in's and outs, but the speakers in my smallish studio are only 5 feet apart, so I doubt I'll miss it.

What say you? Will this not work? Is there an easier way using all the parts?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

• Well that worked to free up the "Direct Out/Send" jack, and I am getting good tones out to the "Kone's" using the Control Room out jacks going back into the amp inputs. The only issue I'm facing now id how to separate stuff properly. You see by running the "monitor- out" of the Kemper onto an input channel on the Mixer that sound is now on the same bus as everything else is... Hummmm ...