Best way to edit a profile and keep the original ?

• Bit of A basic question but wondering how everyone goes about editing a profile while not changing the original ? I’ve Had the Kemper for a while and mainly used profiles as is but been getting good results on the couple I’ve tweaked. I don’t want to lose my originals. Any help would be appreciated

• Usually I only edit profiles which I have put in Performances. In those I have different versions with different tweaks of the same profile. Only rarely I take one of those tweaks done in the Performance back into a separate Profile. This way the profiles as such are never altered but remain as they are. Typically I fill the Performance via RigManager so that I have access to my full library. In the Kemper I have actually only a handful of Profiles because all the stuff I use is collected in the Performances.

• You can use the "Store Snapshot" button too and have an edited version of your profile while keeping the original. You can then browse in the rig menu via "browse snapshots" in the list of all snapshots.

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• putting the number before the name is really going to screw up your alphabetized list

I put lower case Roman numerals after the name.; ie

Revv m 23ii

Revv: my Revv amp

m: merged profile (could also be s or di)

23: channel 2, 3rd profile variation

ii: copy of the profile but with tweaked settings

I wish everybody used the m di s approach