[Request] Gary Moore - The Messiah Will Come Again live tone

• Hi,

I hope it's the right place to post it. I see most tone chase requests were here, so posted it here although I'm looking for either free or paid profiles (preferably ready-to-go "just play" rigs) for Gary Moore's live concerts tone ("heavier" than the albums).

What I mean is like on this performance (the one I love the most from Gary):

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any advice or point to the right direction is appreciated. Thanks!

• Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of Marshall profiles in the Rig Exchange. paults has some good ones. You'll likely have to tweak any of them to get a tone that's right to your ears though :)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of Marshall profiles in the Rig Exchange. paults has some good ones. You'll likely have to tweak any of them to get a tone that's right to your ears though :)

Thank you!

Which Marshall does it sound like?

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of amp sound knowledge and I can't identify it from listening to a song. I saw there are tons of different Marshall models profiles..

• Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper! :thumbup:8)

Tried to spot the amps in the video and think I got a good view on some Soldano SLO100s with 4x12 cabs at around 7:40. Gary used that amp a lot, as well as the Soldano HotRod 50 (HR50). A little boost in front might help to come closer to Gary's sound. Whereby I have to say that he's the kind of guitar player who has his own unique sound despite the amps or guitars he plays and despite the musical styles he's in. So good to identify :)

• At the very beginning of the video, it looks like Marshall JCM2000 amp behind him to me. By 2011, I think he was playing those. But, like Deadman42 said, he sounded pretty much the same no matter what he was playing through.

Mine are Jubilee rigs. But, just about any gainy Marshall, Soldano, Friedman or similar amp Will give you the basic tone. That video is a great illustration of how he used pick dynamics and position, the volume knob, and pickup selector to get that range of sounds.

And... Getting that kind of sustain requires a lot of Hand vibrato and A LOT of volume.

• If you search for "Gary Moore" in Rig Exchange you'll come up with a few rigs. Check the Input settings on them though, as at least one has Clean Sense set pretty low.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Ricky Storti Soldano X88R Lead with Marshall 1960 cabinet is very near to Gary Moore sounds ( even live) ........... to adapt with your pickups

Thanks! Really really good one. It has the aggressiveness that was missing in others that I've tested by now.

I've increased mid all the way to +5 and it sounds great (I have a Gibson LP tradish with burstbuckers).

I'll keep playing with it, but it seems like this is the one :D