"Sacred Ground"....Original Rock

• Very happy with how this turned out.

A hodgepodge of profiles....MBritt /13, MBritt Colonial and a couple Bert Meulendijk Friedman's. Rumble 350 bass. Hope you enjoy it and thanks for checking it out!

Listen to Sacred Ground by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hey Nate, great sound as always. Like the fact that you create rather heavy sounding stuff without too much gain. It has this nice deep push in it.

Actually the HiHat is a bit distracting here and there. Too much upfront for my taste and a bit nervous 8o

Great ending too. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:8)

• Actually the HiHat is a bit distracting here and there. Too much upfront for my taste and a bit nervous 8o

Very-well put, Michael.

Practically-speaking, Nate, it could be a little more open (physically) much of the time and allowed to sit behind the beat a little (more-relaxed). A touch of room 'verb will push it back in the stereo field a little, which I feel it needs too.

All-up 'though, great effort; I can see why you're happy with it. Well done, man. You've been a busy Kemperite lately. Keep it up!

• Monkey_Man and deadman42 As always, thank you for the advice. I am limited to a mono output from my Yamaha electronic drum kit so it's just a matter of lowering the level of the high hat and/or selecting an entirely different high hat that might be more pleasing to the ear. I think I have lost some high frequency sound through the years so again, thank you! I appreciate your honesty. The last thing I want is a bunch of people listening to the first 10 seconds of a song and then commenting "sounds great!" I can have my non music friends tell me that.....lol.

• And again, great track. For me it's the kick and it's amount of click that's causing the drums and cymbals to sound unbalanced. A lot of click (emphasis on the upper frequencies for the kick) results in a very mechanical sound which punches through well in technical metal and doom where the bass from the guitars overwhelms the kick bass. But because you're doing more rock with a greater amount of mids than bass frequencies it feels like it's reaching in to the vocal and even cymbals region and taking away energy from here instead. Your kick can afford to sit low and be a bit more resonant with different mic's.

• Per After reading your reply to the other song I was going to ask more specifically what you meant. This answers that question in regards to kick drum. So snare and cymbals sound ok? I personally think I need to increase snare volume slightly. I am posting a song that Im still working on with a completely different kit. Let me know if the drums sound more in line with what you are describing. Granted, this is a completely different genre. Thank you!

Listen to Autumn Breeze by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That's a better kick drum for sure, I think you want somewhere a little in the middle, like I'd reduce it's volume a tad and maybe hi-pass just a tinge to save energy for more audible frequencies but otherwise yes, better. It's more like it's the first step then re-listen see what pops out, e.g. you may want to then go for a more strident snare which needn't mean louder, sometimes it's just enough to add a touch of careful reverb on the snare and it makes the whole kit sound ridiculously huge.

• Nice one again Nate...

I personally think I need to increase snare volume slightly.

Same here, for me it is buried too much in the mix, some volume, little reverb would already help. And the lead lines are a bit too much upfront and direct to my taste. But that's very individual. Thanks for sharing this one as well :thumbup:8)