Peavey Classic 30 w/ Kemper?

• Hi

I am just waiting on my unpowered kemper profiler to arrive and was wondering if i can connect the kemper to my Peavey Classic 30 Amp on the clean setting as opposed to buying a FRFR speaker?

If it is possible would i just connect it to the effects return?

Apologies if this has been asked before, i did have a quick search and saw an thread for a peavey 50/50 with power amp so not quite the same.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Lewie

• yup, just plug "monitor out" from the kemper into the return of the Peavey amp. This will over ride the preamp section of the peavey and just use the power section of the amp

Also select "monitor cab off" in the output section of the Kemper and you should be set.

• Just remember that if you do it this way everything will have the speaker voice from the Peavey on it as well as the cab in the profile, so you'll be missing a lot of what the Kemper can do.

• Thank you to everyone for the responses much appreciated! I am just using it as a temporary solution as i'm probably moving country once teh lockdown ends so getting some studio monitors or frfr isn't practical unfortunately ! Thanks again for your help!