Copy Stack

• On the front of my Kemper rack it is possible to copy the Stack (amp + eq+ cab) and the paste multiple times to each rig I need it in. Is this possible through the editor?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• no at least not in the same way as the KPA but it is possible in other ways.

firstly, the EQ is now part of the Amp so it will always be copied along with the Amp section rather than individually.

you can make presets very easily in RM but unfortunately you can’t make presets of sections (Stomps, Stack and FX) like you can on the Head and Rack. In my opinion this is a serious backwards step but it had been done by design.

you could make two separate presets- one for Amp and one for Cab. Then drag and drop these into rigs as required. But you would need to locate both presets and manually drag them. Its not a major issue and if you name you presets so that the show up next to each other in the list it should be pretty easy to manage.

alternatively you could take the opposite approach. Lock the Amp and Cab sections in RM then load the new rig with the stomps and fx that you want to use with them.

both would achieve the same result with very little effort but I still wish there was a way to create Section Presets to copy as this seems to flow better as a workflow and makes more intuitive sense in use.

• Thanks Alan. I just wondered if I was missing something.

For me, the Kemper's strength is when an amp and cab are profiled together and IRs are more for modellers.

It would have been really useful to copy the stack, as I have many lead rigs with the same stack, but varying delay lengths, wah and other effects. Occasionally I made a new profile and prefer that for updating all the rigs. I guess the thing to do is use the old way with the front panel and that is fine.

Karl

• Thanks Alan. I just wondered if I was missing something.

For me, the Kemper's strength is when an amp and cab are profiled together and IRs are more for modellers.

It would have been really useful to copy the stack, as I have many lead rigs with the same stack, but varying delay lengths, wah and other effects. Occasionally I made a new profile and prefer that for updating all the rigs. I guess the thing to do is use the old way with the front panel and that is fine.

Coming form the Axe-Fx I asked the same thing. I really do miss the copy and paste feature!

• I guess the editor is in its infancy, so copy & paste might be refined later. I don't have a problem with individual slots or effects, as you can drag it to the desktop for use in other rigs. It is the fact you cannot copy the whole stack in one go. You have to go back to the interface of the rack to achieve this.

Karl