Help -- too much amp profiles

• Dear Kemper friends,

may be this has already been addressed but I need to ask as I do not know how to manage this issue. My KPA is now loaded with good and not so good profiles. In reality I would be happy with probably around 20-30 profiles.

Is there a way to delete all profiles in one hit and then to copy just the few preferred back on it?

Thanks for your support (and patience if this is already a solved problem)

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

PS Yes we do need an editor!! :)

• Switch the main knob to off
    • Hold the left/top soft-key above the LCD
    • while still holding this key - switch KPA to tuner
    • Maintenance Module will be started
    • In the 'Maintenance' menu goto 'Memory'
    • Use Memory FormatFlash and InitFlash
    • Check if the KPA works (booting, tuner)
    • Resinstall your rigs -
    • Load additional rigs - check if all rigs work
    • Check all the KPA setting
    • This will delete also the FX presets and the Midi assignement

Thanks to Armin for those instructions

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• If I were you I would just load the no rigs backup that is floating around the board rather than do the Armin format. I believe some people had problems with it in the past.

• If I were you I would just load the no rigs backup that is floating around the board rather than do the Armin format. I believe some people had problems with it in the past.

Really? I must have been missing it... Do you remember what the problem was?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Ah ok. Well if you re-install the FW is all fine. Bit you're right, is a bit cumbersome for that.

• Dear all

thanks a lot for your tips! I will sleep over it and will try it out in some days... Looks like a kind of "exciting" task to do .. I will get nervous

Regards
    Sacapuntas

• Ah ok. Well if you re-install the FW is all fine. Bit you're right, is a bit cumbersome for that.

Right. Not the end of the world. You just have to put the FW back on. But I have restored that blank backup many times without any problems at all. Really easy and should be pretty safe but ymmv.