Finally upgraded from v6 to 7.3.2 with ISSUES

• So i finally done it. jumped from my good old reliable v6 to latest v7.3.2 (running Kemper non-powered rack)

Findings during the first half-hour:

-First boot all my presets and performances rendered silent. No obvious values changed. Another reboot appeared to sort this.

-Second boot. my performance corrupted. each slot was the default "crunch" preset

-Second boot up; the boot-up progress bar only reaches about 10% of the way across the screen (subsequent boots this appeared working again)

-Power on / boot progress appears at least 5 seconds longer.

- A few nasty pops and cracks during early boot up stage

-All performances appear to have the "E"on the far right of the display (thought this meant "edited", in which case it shouldn't be there?) All sections are UNLOCKED.

-All browser rigs appear to have the "E"on the far right of the display (similar to above but if all modules are unlocked this goes away)

-When i change any stomp type no "E" appears to let me know i've done an "edit"

-holding down tap to engage beat-scanner does engage if done too soon after selecting a new slot in browser mode. you have to wait at OVER 3 seconds before engaging it

-KPA still doesnt remember where it was last time it was powered-up when browsing the rig-pool. (a different rig is found to be current)

some of these may be intentional but would appreciate clarification or explanation where possible.

Still yet to try rig manager....

• yikes,, Ill stay on 6 ,, but thanks for the heads up on progress,,

I have been very reluctant to upgrade (and not really sure why i decided to today!!)

To be fair, i'm loving the effects category selection and that it remembers the last chosen and also goes straight to it when choosing an existing stomp. The fact that when you jump between effect-stomps and you dont have to plough through everything to get where you want is a nice time-saver.

I think there's one or two other features of benefit but now is a good time for me to "hard test" the OS ready for gigs in a few months, all being well.

No doubt, i'll be back to resume chat in this thread soon....

• as a working player with only one kemper,, its just tooo important for me to be stable, I can live without extra stuff, but I cant live without my Kemper, I count on it,,every day,,

• Upgrades are a bit of a necessary evil and the more time between the last one, the more things can get messy. Find a time in your schedule when you have some slow time between project so that if something goes wrong, you can focus on fixing it or going back to the previous settings. The new KAOS seems to work great and is probably the most stable in a while for me at this point but I just upgraded to Catalina OS last week and now I'm dealing with a bunch or computer issues never seen before.

• Sorry if I sound like a right old moaner today but i like to find the cracks in my own armour...

Unless you go to an older firmware installing a backup doesn't downgrade the OS. It only puts your files back in place and has been reported to fix some errors.

Thanks for the info. i'm aware of that and have older firmware versions in my archive.

I'd still like to address the initial issues in the first thread of this conversation. They're not "show-stoppers" although the beat-scanner lag could do with sorting out:

• For me when I had a problem with my rigs :

- backup to USB on a key (verify your backup on RigManager for sure)

- put the system 7.3.x from key

- restore the default effects 7 from key

- restore your backup from USB

normally you wouldn't loose perf...

7.3.x are good versions.

• -holding down tap to engage beat-scanner does engage if done too soon after selecting a new slot in browser mode. you have to wait at OVER 3 seconds before engaging it

I can live with most of the issues (listed above) apart from this one which appears to be in tandem with the sluggish response of the expression pedal during the first few seconds following a slot change in performance mode. (Details here BUG: expression pedal not responding after slot change )

Sad to say my experience of v7 is that i should have stuck to my v6 consideration of “if its working dont mess with it”