Update all effect presets (re: v7 user manual)

• From the user manual

How to update all effect presets?

To take maximum advantage of the new integrated effect selection page, you should exchange all legacy factory presets for the new, updated set.

Thankfully, the latest Rig Manager revision supports PROFILER OS 7.0 by introducing the ability to administer presets! So, please connect your PROFILER to Rig Manager, select your PROFILER under "All Presets" in the left column, and delete all presets except the ones you have created and intend to keep. Wait until Rig Manager and PROFILER have synchronized, and all selected presets will now be deleted.

At this point, you could choose to use Rig Manager to import the entire set of new presets, or select elements of it, from the Preset Pack Factory Presets 7.0. There is, however, an even a simpler method if you want to import the

complete set: Press the SYSTEM button of your PROFILER and select "Factory Presets" in System Settings. The complete set of updated presets will be now be imported automatically.

I take it from this, there are performance advantages to having a "clear out"?

However, i can not find "factory presets" in the "system" button of my KPA so not ready to do this yet.

Can anyone who has done this please share their experience from a user point of view, just so i know my attempt will worthwhile. thanks

• The text is from Addendum manual chapter "What's new in 7.0" and that Factory Presets function is missing in current OS versions, because of memory limitations. Such functions in System Settings were always all or nothing. Now with Rig Manager you can chose which factory Rigs and presets you want to import and replace.

• The text is from Addendum manual chapter "What's new in 7.0" and that Factory Presets function is missing in current OS versions, because of memory limitations. Such functions in System Settings were always all or nothing. Now with Rig Manager you can chose which factory Rigs and presets you want to import and replace.

Thank you for your reply.

So, referring to the effects only here, is it still worth my while wiping all "old" presets (except my 2 or 3 own ones or back them up) and installing the v7 presets?

And, what are the advantages in doing this?

• a. The Factory Content 7 presets include all factory presets of all current effect types plus cabinet presets based on impulse responses provided by Celestion. Your current set of factory presets might not be complete depending on when your unit had been manufactured and how much maintenance you did in the past.

b. In Factory Content 7 we shortened the preset names. In the past the names started with an abbreviation indicating the effect type, because all effect presets were in one list and in alphabetic order. Now the list is structured by effect category, type, and then presets. This is a cosmetic improvement.