BUG: expression pedal not responding after slot change

• This video shows exactly what i mean:

compare the visual to the audio. Notice the apparent queuing of pedal movements which after being "held up" pours out in a burst.

The same happens when i use the pedal for volume swells.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I cannot detect differences regarding this behavior comparing OS 7.3.2 to earlier versions like for example OS 6.0. I switched a few times back and forth. There has always been a short break after Rig loads, but normally users don't work with two feet simultaneously.

I also notice some interrupts of the wah action in your video even while you don't change Rigs, which I do not experience here regardless of the Pedal Mode I chose.

• I cannot detect differences regarding this behavior comparing OS 7.3.2 to earlier versions like for example OS 6.0. I switched a few times back and forth. There has always been a short break after Rig loads, but normally users don't work with two feet simultaneously.

I also notice some interrupts of the wah action in your video even while you don't change Rigs, which I do not experience here regardless of the Pedal Mode I chose.

Many thanks for taking the time to look into this. Appreciated.

What would you suggest I do to improve the situation?

• I think, you have obviously lived before with the fact, that it takes a short moment after Rig change, before the Wah action gets moving again. If you stand on one foot and control the buttons and pedals with the other, you will not even notice. It has always been that way and practically it is no problem.

Regarding the other behavior you need to narrow in. Does the wah bar in the menu follow your pedal moves constantly? Has the expression pedal a range pot and is it set to maximum range? Have you tried to calibrate the pedal once again? What if you switch Pedal Mode to "On"? Try another cable and another pedal? Try another socket? Are you using the original Ethernet cable to connect the Remote to the PROFILER? What if you connect the pedal to PROFILER directly? What if you disconnect Rig Manager?

• in that video it looks more like the wah “delay” is actually related to foot position rather than changing rigs. It appears to cut in and out several times even on the same rig. Do you have the wah set to bypass at toe? I don’t use this mode for that very reason. I am too clumsy to stop before the full toe position so I used to get the wah cutting in and out. It wasn’t the fault of the KPA which was doing what it was designed to do just my use (lack of control) of the expression pedal.

• in that video it looks more like the wah “delay” is actually related to foot position rather than changing rigs. It appears to cut in and out several times even on the same rig. Do you have the wah set to bypass at toe? I don’t use this mode for that very reason. I am too clumsy to stop before the full toe position so I used to get the wah cutting in and out. It wasn’t the fault of the KPA which was doing what it was designed to do just my use (lack of control) of the expression pedal.

I have it set to bypass after time. Still doesn't explain the burst coming through as if there is a buffer-backlog of data but that does make sense as there is a short amount of "loading" work done each time a new rig/slot is called into the current/edit/working-buffer, whatever you call it.

i played with another expression pedal connected directly to the back of the KPA and although there was some improvement (when connected without the remote) there was the occasional lag followed by a burst of expression value changes.

As quoted, "It has always been that way and practically it is no problem." so i may have to accept it as it is.

On a more delicate matter, the "less able bodied" player may have to sit and use both feet. I can not imagine Kemper would discriminate against these type of users. Further to that, those who are using it in the studio (as many of us are during the pandemic) the two-feet approach may be quite common.