Having trouble finding Rigs

• Hi everyone, Just got my Kemper stage. Having some trouble finding rigs on the exchange. For starters if I enter anything it takes like two minutes to populate, it's very slow. I typed in Van Halen expecting an overload of choices. Only 4 came up. So then I tried typing in specific song names. Nothing. I have searched for Rhoads, Ozzy, SRV, Vai, and many more all by performer or song names and nothing comes up. If anything does it's maybe one or two. This has not been my experience using other preset sharing sites. I'm I doing something wrong? I just want to get the sounds. I hate tweaking. I understand some tweaking will be needed depending on what speaker I'm using, but I was hoping to get that done just with EQ. So if I'm not searching correctly please let me know. I know they exist because there are sites like Top Jimi that sell them. I wanted to give the free ones a try first after dropping 1600.00 on the Kemper.

Thanks!

• Thanks for the reply. I typed in 5150 and all I saw were profiles for that amp. I was looking for rigs that were set up with effects that eliminate certain songs or artists. I'm just surprised that there are none out there. I have been using modelers for a long time. Most sites have tons. Line 6. Fractal, Atomic, all of them. What I found strange is there are profiles for Fractal. But I can't find a Van Hager Balance or F. U. C. K. tone. Unless I find the amps and effects that he used then tweak. It's much easier to tweak an already done preset then start from scratch.

• I know they exist because there are sites (...) that sell them.

there is your answer.

The PROFILER concentrates on highly accurate digital re-creations of tube amps.
    The whole "sound like artists xyz with this preset" is really more of a gimmick - too many variables, too much is unknown about how exactly these tones were recorded and then heavily processed by the desk & outboard gear.

Sure, you can mimick setups or use eq-matching, but the results are IME almost always underwhelming.

Being able to play the parts well and using the right amouint of gain goes a long way.

• ...and there are artist-specific and song-specific rigs on rig manager. You will have to get creative with you search terms...

And like DonPetersen mentioned, they were made using a different set up than you use, so YMMV as to how much tweaking you will have to do. And you might be able to make use of a specific delay setting, etc. used in the rigs you find.

Be Thankful.

Edited once, last by kevinduren ().