Make Looper Alternative Button Setting Assignable Per Rig

• I really appreciate being able to re-assign the looper button to another function. It would be MUCH more usable if it could be assigned to different functions in different rigs.

I saw the response to the similar request regarding expression pedals. I do not mind reconfiguring any preset, unwanted setting that was included in a shared or purchased rig. It would be worth it to acquire this very large increase in functionality. I change multiple setting, configurations, and/or assignments in every rig already. The ability to assign those controllers on a per-rig basis would be a HUGE boon! If this is a workable scenario, then please consider applying this functionality to the other re-assignable buttons (tuner and tap) to accommodate users who don't use those buttons for their standard purpose.

Thank you for considering,

Kevin

Be Thankful.

• If we would include such user specific settings within Rigs, these would also infect the PROFILERs of others, if Rigs get shared. And there is no LED color indication, that this button is doing something else than what it used to do.

• Burkhard and Wheresthedug,

Thank you for your responses. I appreciate being able to have this discussion.

If this is just not possible on a software/firmware/hardware level, then let me know and we can disregard all of the below. I will be satisfied with the looper button set to control Fast/Slow rotary in every rig...even the ones with no rotary effect. :)

I would gladly workaround having to change another user's setting to gain this functionality. We are already doing that when we download or buy rigs. They come with settings and assignments that are not our own; therefore, we have to change them.

Regarding the LED color; there is no indication of what that button is doing now, even though it is limited to one, global setting. And the LED is off until you step on the button, so it could not indicate anything until activated. I understand the concern that it might be confusing, trying to remember what is assigned to that button. I would still propose that there would be a significant increase in functionality that offsets this. The Profiler has this small difficulty already; when you have a red stomp assigned, you can't tell if it is a boost or what kind of boost. Or a distortion or what kind of distortion ( a screamer, a DS, etc.). Similarly, a blue stomp LED might be a chorus, vibrato, trem, etc. Is it heavy distortion or a light crunch? Is the delay a slapback or long? The point being, you have to remember settings on a rig by rig basis already. I make notes on my setlist when necessary.

Edit- just had this idea: The user (or even better, the community) could come up with a "short-hand" symbol to insert in the rig name that would indicate what was assigned to the Looper button.

Again, thanks for the discussion and thanks for considering this,

Kevin

Be Thankful.

Edited once, last by kevinduren ().

• If you have excellent eyes, you might be able to see the I-IIII symbols in the signal chain of the Remote/Stage display, which indicate which booster is assigned to which switch in addition to the color LEDs.

You can already assign Rotary Speed to the LOOPER Button globally and just need to remember, this is as your dedicated button for rotary speed.

If we would realize all these requests for Rig-specific input routing, output routing, button assignments, screen color,.... Rigs would be surprise bags. Users just don't expect and have no chance to predict, that the button, which always engaged the Looper, suddenly does something else just because they selected another Rig for a musical scene in a Performance. We are therefor not planning to blend Rigs with such user preferences.