Kemper through cabs

• Hi guys !

i’m about to buy a kemper stage with a mesa boogie 50/50 but i really don’t know what cab to choose.

I really love that satch sound when he was playing with the jsx head, i also love lukather’s sound with jus bogners.

I’m actually looking for a sweet sound, really hot and sweet like satch’s sound when he was gigging with his jsx

I found the marshall 1960ax, do you think that could be a good choice ?

thank you all !

• I would suggest get some Kones and put them in a cabinet you like. If you like 4x12's, put 4 Kones in a 4x12.

Running the Kemper through a Marshall cab will sound great, but the versatility you'll get from the Kones is worth the extra expense and trouble.

The speaker cab you drop them in will contribute to your sound, more so with higher gain profiles

• Get the new Kemper Kabinets with the Kone... you'll be able to get any tone you like.

This!

I would suggest get some Kones and put them in a cabinet you like. If you like 4x12's, put 4 Kones in a 4x12.

Running the Kemper through a Marshall cab will sound great, but the versatility you'll get from the Kones is worth the extra expense and trouble.

The speaker cab you drop them in will contribute to your sound, more so with higher gain profiles

... and this. :thumbup:

Welcome to the club, mate. :)

• Thank you all for your answers but my goal is to get my tones with a cab on stage, and send my pure sound to FOH. I was thinking about the Marshall 1960av or 1960ax, what do you guys think ?

• I'm hearing ya, I currently I have 2 Celestion G12S 50's in my 4x12 and 2 Kemper Kones, with 2 seperate inputs (I thought I'd buy 2 rather than 4 straight up in case I didn't like them, should've just bought 4).

I can switch between the 2 obviously, the Kones sound better no matter which profile I'm on.

Either Marshall cab is going to sound great, but it will sound even better with the Kones.

I'll shut up now, at risk of sounding like a fanboy.

• Well i already have a 2x12, but i’m looking for something bigger and smoother, there’s a guy who is selling a line 6 with v30’s for 390€ and another guy selling a marshall 1960ax for 430€, i don’t know which one to choose..

• I own both, a very old, wonderful sounding Ax with Greenbacks, I love this Cab and would never sell it. And I got a BX, bougt as an empty box for 200 € on ebay, where I put in 4 kones for 480 €. The Ax makes sense with every tube amp, and I got a lot of them.(TwoRock, CA, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Fender etc.)
    If you want to use the cab only with the KPA, do yourself a favour and buy the kones! With this cab, my old KPA from 2014, who spent many years dusty in my cellar, came back to live! The variety of sounds ist incredible and now all my other lovely amps and cabs get dusty. And my band-members are happy.

I also bougt a 1x12 kone-cab and it is really big enough for all the things you need. So if you want to spare money, buy this one. But you are right, the 4x12 is the goal!

• Thank you all for your answers but my goal is to get my tones with a cab on stage, and send my pure sound to FOH. I was thinking about the Marshall 1960av or 1960ax, what do you guys think ?

as the others have said. Buy the Kones!

i have used a pair of Mesa EVM12L thiele cabinets since the mid 90’s with all my Boogies. I tried the, with the Kemper and they worked great too but I wanted the flexibility of having each amp sound like it “should” i.e. a Vox sound like a Vox and a Fender sound like a Fender etc but as the cabinet and speaker is at least half the sound I never really got that so went IEM live and studio monitors at home. However, since getting the Kabinet I’ve completely changed my opinion. the Kone and imprints is the missing link in the evolution of digital amp technology!

you can still get “your” sound on stage and send a full studio profile to FOH in exactly the same way as you would with a regular Marshall cabinet but without the limitations.

• I own both, a very old, wonderful sounding Ax with Greenbacks, I love this Cab and would never sell it. And I got a BX, bougt as an empty box for 200 € on ebay, where I put in 4 kones for 480 €. The Ax makes sense with every tube amp, and I got a lot of them.(TwoRock, CA, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Fender etc.)
    If you want to use the cab only with the KPA, do yourself a favour and buy the kones! With this cab, my old KPA from 2014, who spent many years dusty in my cellar, came back to live! The variety of sounds ist incredible and now all my other lovely amps and cabs get dusty. And my band-members are happy.

I also bougt a 1x12 kone-cab and it is really big enough for all the things you need. So if you want to spare money, buy this one. But you are right, the 4x12 is the goal!

well i’m going to keep the greenbacks, what do you think about it ?

• as the others have said. Buy the Kones!

i have used a pair of Mesa EVM12L thiele cabinets since the mid 90’s with all my Boogies. I tried the, with the Kemper and they worked great too but I wanted the flexibility of having each amp sound like it “should” i.e. a Vox sound like a Vox and a Fender sound like a Fender etc but as the cabinet and speaker is at least half the sound I never really got that so went IEM live and studio monitors at home. However, since getting the Kabinet I’ve completely changed my opinion. the Kone and imprints is the missing link in the evolution of digital amp technology!

you can still get “your” sound on stage and send a full studio profile to FOH in exactly the same way as you would with a regular Marshall cabinet but without the limitations.

I’m really want a 4x12 !!! I dream about a 4x12 since i’m a young boy lmao

• Step 1: Buy the 4x12 of your choice

Step 2: Play it and realise you love it, but you realise all the profiles sound kind of the same

Step 3: Swap the speakers out for Kones and be blown away, and say to yourself "why didn't I just do this in the first place"

All scenarios end up with you having a 4x12?

• Well the fact the profils do sound the same through the cab isn’t a problem because i will send all the signal to FOH, the cab is just to have that feel of an amp

• For me, the difference in the feeling of my 1x12 an my 4x12 is worth the extra money and the extra weight. Its the same difference as between the hairdryer at home and the one for travelling. You can dry your head with both, but at home you‘ll get warm both ears at the same time? And if my suitcase is big enough, I take the home-dryer with me.

stratdude: My opinion! At least he will buy the kones, but there is no prob to sell the greenbacks for minimum 60€ each.

LuigLopes, cause you asked my opinion about the AX. The Ax is a universal to use cap for all amps. With 100 watts you can move the air even with lower volume. It is not too heavy for a 4x12,( but never play it with an open back). And in my opinion one of the best looking caps from Marshall. My experience is, that not all Marshall Ax or Greenbacks sound the same. I own the old AX, I think one from the 80ies, since 1999 and the speakers have been driven thousands of hours. It sounds like creme. I also own a Marshall TV, I bougt nearly brandnew. Its a little more volume than the AX. The same greenbacks. It sounds very well - not more. So try to get an old, beer-sprinkeled one, or leave it for 2 weeks, 24 hours a day with a Gary Moore.mp3 at 100db.
    For me the Greenbacks are for blues and rock, and the best for my Marshall-Sounds. The v30 for heavier stuff. The golden Bulldog for Blues and jazz an the Blue ones for Mayer, Queen and everyone, who likes vox-sounds. And the Kones...

...for all of them.