Boss GT-1000 as remote controller for Kemper Profiler

• Hello everyone.

I want to share my experience in programming midi commands for remote control of Kemper profiler using the boss gt-1000 processor. Specifically, the gt-1000 has all the MIDI functionality to fully support kemper profile management: from changing patch rigs within performance, usage CTL1-3(5) for controlling A, B, C, D Stomps and X, MOD, Delay, Reverb Effects within each rigs (as a stomp box), usage EXP1 SW, to activate the Wah effect, FOOT PEDAL for Volume/Wah control, and TAP delay options on the same switch that selects rig.

See my setup through pictures.

Thanks.

20200502_214121.pdf

• Wow, I really love my Kemper, but it really lacks such a level of MIDI integration!

I'm not sure what you mean. Were it not for its MIDI capabilities, controllers wouldn't work. Toast.Me was/is dependent on it.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• What I mean is the Kemper can't send much midi except for program changes and midi clock. Were it the other way around, you could not control the Gt1000 like that.

OK. Makes sense.

I could see it with the Stage, but for Head and Rack you might be better served with a purpose-built MIDI controller as your centerpiece.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• i have various dedicated midi controllers including RJM mastermind. I would never dream of trying to use the Kemper as a midi control source. I would want to do my midi programming from a single central controller (such as as the RJM which has an amazing editor for this sort of thing) rather than one of the audio devices so I don’t see it as a shortcoming of the KPA in any way.

Having said that, I now only use the KPA with no external midi devices so my RJM is basically gathering dust as the Remote works so well with the Kemper.

• i have various dedicated midi controllers including RJM mastermind. I would never dream of trying to use the Kemper as a midi control source. I would want to do my midi programming from a single central controller (such as as the RJM which has an amazing editor for this sort of thing) rather than one of the audio devices so I don’t see it as a shortcoming of the KPA in any way.

Having said that, I now only use the KPA with no external midi devices so my RJM is basically gathering dust as the Remote works so well with the Kemper.

The RJM was absolutely awesome when I was running tube amps.

When I bought the Kemper and Remote, I sold the RJM. Dust is for bunnies. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10