Editor requests

• I would like to suggest a few things for the editor here. I may continue to add to the list as I think of more.

1. Preset list on right click

I think it would be great to right click on a stomp or FX slot and have a drop down list of presets specific to that effect. So if I have a Green Scream assigned I will get the full list of Green Scream Presets when I right click. Or if I have a Dual Delay assigned, I will get Dual Delay Presets.

The way it works now is cumbersome in my opinion. I have to navigate to the preset folder in the left pane, which may mean scrolling up/down, and that takes me away from the rig folder I was in. This makes it harder to find the rig I was working on. Right clicking and having the presets for that effect type pop up would be a much easier and more logical/efficient way of handling this.

2. Please make the settings for each effect visible even when the effect is bypassed. Maybe the setting could be grayed out or something. But I dislike having to turn the effect on in order to see the settings.

3. Please add an on screen tuner which also mutes the signal.

4. I would like to change input presets from the ‘rig’ section of the editor when I switch guitars. Is this possible? If not that would be a great addition.

I will add more as I think of them.

Thanks for listening!

• I think these are useful requests. May I add that an option to handle multiple presets (e.g. chorus + delay + reverb = preset Ambience FX) would be nice.

Thx to the Team.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• +1 million for the multiple FX in one preset.

i also think the onscreen tuner is an urgent requirement that need to be added straight away.

i like the idea of the right click presets list in principle but think it could get a bit messy in practice. Will need to give this some more thought and test it in the real world by visualising what I would see at each stage when actually using the editor. However, at the moment I would DEFINITELY like to see the right click logic improved to the stage where the menu opens in the sub type for the currently selected Fx type. For example, if I have a Reverb in the Rev slot and I right click I want to see a list of all available reverb types as a default rather than having to first select Reverb from the main list THEN choose the specific reverb type from the list that opens.

i also like the idea of greyed out but visible values for any effect that is in the off status.

• 1 Ability to type in values instead of using the rotary control to ease the heart rate for OCD users

2 Represent buttons for "Stomp", "Stack" and Effects" within the editor. This would allow the copy and paste of groups.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• ad 1 . I agree, this is not straight forward.

Presets of the present type? Or presets of the present category? Or logical groups of categories e. g. Phaser+Flanger? Or all effect presets?

And from which location? Local Library overall? Or just MyProfiler? Or preset packs included?

• ad 4. Why loading input presets from Rig Settings and not from the Input Section where they correspond to?

The other thing is, input presets include three parameters: Clean Sens, Distortion Sens, and Input Noise Gate. I guess, when you change guitars the relevant parameter is Clean Sens. There is little advantage of loading a preset versus adjusting Clean Sens.

• Burkhard from my perspective I’m not particularly concerned about presets. Rather, just the ability to default to the effet type list for the currently selected FX. Right click on a slot with an OD loaded would make the drop down menu show all the OD sub categories. Right click on a slot with Reverb loaded would default to a drop down list of all the Rev sub categories. I think anything more than this would potentially be very cluttered visually and I can see the problems with many of the points you have made about which presets would even populate the drop down list anyway.

I personally don’t really use many presets but I do use very similar effect chains in the majority of rigs and performances. I see the real value of presets as being able to load “virtual pedal boards” and “virtual fx racks” before and stack with single clicks the way the section buttons allow on the Head and Rack. These each have a default set of effect settings (presets) which I rarely change much. Ideally these virtual boards would also include my preferred Button Layout for the Remote. Once my pedal board is loaded I tend to use the just twiddle knobs in that rig if I want to tweak the stomps or fx and re save the rig rather than create a new fx preset. Therefore, the main be benefit of presets to me is not available in the editor.

• I’m not particularly concerned about presets. Rather, just the ability to default to the effet type list for the currently selected FX. Right click on a slot with an OD loaded would make the drop down menu show all the OD sub categories. Right click on a slot with Reverb loaded would default to a drop down list of all the Rev sub categories..

This sounds good. Presets can simply be dragged to and from an organised folder on the desktop anyway.

Karl

• ad 1 . I agree, this is not straight forward.

Presets of the present type? Or presets of the present category? Or logical groups of categories e. g. Phaser+Flanger? Or all effect presets?

And from which location? Local Library overall? Or just MyProfiler? Or preset packs included?

I was picturing presets of the present effect.

So as I described in the first post: if the present effect is a Green Scream, when right clicking on the slot you’ll get an option to load Green Scream presets.

Alternatively you could simply have a “presets” context menu which gives a list of all presets, and a sub menu within that which gives you just the presets for the current effect...in this case Green Scream.

I haven’t put much thought into which location they come from, but I would be fine with all locations. Or even another sub menu which breaks it down even further but that might be overkill.

The main thrust is that I think presets should be available by right clicking on each Stomp or FX slot, rather than having to navigate to the preset folders in the left pane. How that might be implemented is certainly up for debate.

• The main thrust is that I think presets should be available by right clicking on each Stomp or FX slot, rather than having to navigate to the preset folders in the left pain. How that might be implemented is certainly up for debate.

Apologies for dismissing your request above and I see what you mean now. I don't use presets a great deal, but it is obvious this would be really useful for many others.

Karl

• I think these are useful requests. May I add that an option to handle multiple presets (e.g. chorus + delay + reverb = preset Ambience FX) would be nice.

Represent buttons for "Stomp", "Stack" and Effects" within the editor. This would allow the copy and paste of groups.

Apart from the Stage, Stomps and Effects sections can be saved as group presets. Don't they appear in the Editor among others?

Asking for a friend who uses W7 ;D

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• no as the functionality was removed from the Stage for some reason it is also not available in the Editor :(

I've never really looked at the Stage seriously, so didn't realise the functions were removed. This probably precludes the idea of them ever being included in the editor.

Karl

• I've never really looked at the Stage seriously, so didn't realise the functions were removed. This probably precludes the idea of them ever being included in the editor.

unfortunately, I think you’re right but maybe if enough people explain why it was a backward step they might just listen and reintroduce it. ?

• Well, Stage misses the "Stops" and "Effects" buttons so it sorta makes sense to not have the function UI-wise. OTOH, if a "group" preset was saved/present in the preset list in RM, it would be nice that releasing it onto any of the slots of one of the two sections loaded the preset on the whole section, hw buttons or not :)

Still chasing a worthy one :/