Be aware of the digital sonic artifacts (aliasing) in your KPA!

• it is much improved, but yeah, i can still hear it too. it is more difficult to reproduce as well as less obvious when it is found, and it seems unlikely to bother me during regular playing now.

no doubt even after test tone files demonstrate it clearly, deniers will still insist that i can't hear it and the world will continue to flop around the sun...

• Miles, mail the rig to support

I contacted support today with my findings and the sound file attached—I would be happy to send the rig it to them, but honestly, this seems to be the same issue that has always existed (though much reduced over previous versions). Do you think since the rig was created in 1.5.4 that aliasing could carry over into 1.6.0? I hope not, and I tend to doubt it.
    I did add just a little extra bass in the KPA for that audio file than I would normally use for recording in order to emphasize that the the aliasing is there. I would love to put the issue to rest as I know we all would, but it is what it is (or at least what it appears to be).

KPA Aliasing Test FW 1.6.0

By the way, this Friedman amp and its profiles actually sound awesome regardless of this sound file. :thumbup:

Edited 2 times, last by miles ().

• hehe at first i was thinking "wtf? miles sample sounds just as bad as old versions," then realized soundcloud is playing the old files also. i get similar to results to his 1.6.0 sample with the same stock profile as before (JMP77-001). i had spent some time making sure to use a stock kemper profile. most of the time it just seems like there's extra "stuff" that doesn't belong, kind of like looking thru a window that isn't clean but you don't notice the dust. with ebow it is more easily distinguished...

• miles sample sounds just as bad as old versions," then realized soundcloud is playing the old files also.

I know... I can't make Soundcloud stop continuing after the initial sound file has finished, so yeah, it plays the new one, then the old one.

• Thought that´s all the new one, so that´s the reason why I been some kinda shocked! Have to edit my last post!

May be better delete the files, and upload new, to make clear what you´re listening to.

• Thought that´s all the new one, so that´s the reason why I been some kinda shocked! Have to edit my last post!

May be better delete the files, and upload new, to make clear what you´re listening to.

Good point ACY, but if I delete the old file it will break the link to it in the beginning of this thread. It might be best to leave the old one there, and that people realize there are two different sound files I have on Soundcloud at this time. The first thing you hear when you click on this is 1.6.0, and after that you can hear the obvious tonal shift (from Friedman to Vox) as it then plays the old original sound file I posted back in May of '12... it actually shows the improvement Kemper has made in reducing the aliasing to listen to both files. I'm sorry if anyone gets confused, but this is how Soundcloud plays it.

KPA Aliasing Test FW 1.6.0

• out of topic , sorry guys :

Hi CK ,
    I sent you week ago PM regarding Tom Anderson a famous guitar builder and NAMM 2013 .
    Please read it and revert to me if you find a time . \
    Thanks .

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• " Aliasing Kemper Blues " by Miles , will never get on Fractal Top Hit List !
    Sorry Miles, nice song , but not enough of that, how you call that ?-aliasing- to get to first 100 :P
    If you recorded that song before 1.6.0 , you will be number one for sure , now is too late .

After 1.6.0 , number one on Fractal Top Hit list is : "16Hz Blues " by Cliff ! ?(

But , if they discover " 7Hz Blues by Armin " , Cliff will drop down to 99th position with his previous number one hit .

The next number one might be "Ain't got no Google Search Engine and Facebook in Kemper Blues " 8o 8o 8o

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().