Be aware of the digital sonic artifacts (aliasing) in your KPA!

• Yes there's a small tiny amount still there if you listen real real hard but its improved dramatically from before. I think at this point to say its a problem is just nitpicking. I don't believe that would or could cause any issues at any level at all. as far as im concerned its fixed

• LOL!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Yes there's a small tiny amount still there if you listen real real hard but its improved dramatically from before. I think at this point to say its a problem is just nitpicking. I don't believe that would or could cause any issues at any level at all. as far as im concerned its fixed

I agree with you, and if others want to have a laugh, then that's cool. I simply wanted to objectively demonstrate (an update if you will) what the aliasing sounded like at this point in time, and some may view this as being overly analytical or "nitpicky". I'm not suggesting that it is still a concerning problem—hell, this has been one of the most trouble-free pieces of gear I've ever owned—but it does provide a reality check. Rock-on Kemper :thumbup:

• To close this chapter, I may emphasize, that you have emphasized the bass of the profile to make the effect more prominent.
    This is pretty much a test tone scenario where every digital amp might show aliasing.
    And if not, then there will always be a worse test tone. How about a pitch shifted guitar tone?
    We are a synthesizer maker too. I know something about worst case test tones :)

Thanks
    CK

• Miles ,
    I respect your efforts and time you've been spent to do the test on voluntary basis and share your findings with us .

It was not an intention to make you look like a "nitpicking" or anything like that .

My "joke" was not addressed to you by any account , even you were mentioned .

I will agree with you if my sense of humor might be weird for today's generation , since I grew up on Monty Payton Flying Circus style 8o

Cheers !

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• I tried new OS yesterday, and also checked out aliasing on rigs, that been unplayable to me before. Now you really have to search for this effect, with the rig I was using I did not find it anymore.

But have to say it took a very long time to fix this.

• I may emphasize, that you have emphasized the bass of the profile to make the effect more prominent.
    This is pretty much a test tone scenario where every digital amp might show aliasing.

I added only around 3 to 4db extra bass which didn't make that much difference (the aliasing is audible regardless)—I only mentioned it in the interest of full disclosure.

Before the KPA was released I had owned all the different PODs and was never satisfied with the tones in any of them. When I got my KPA I was instantly over-the-moon blown away and satisfied with it's tonal capability. As I stated a while back, Line 6 had horrible aliasing in it's earlier models, but to my total surprise, they—to my ears—actually (audibly) eliminated the aliasing in the HD series.
    So I get my new KPA in March of '12 and am loving it (except for the aliasing) and am thinking to myself 'Kemper must be likely to eliminate this, especially considering Line 6 did it with theirs, and because the KPA is apparently more advanced'.

Though the current aliasing reduction in the KPA is extremely significant, I don't consider it total, when the aliasing reduction I heard in that POD HD was total. I look at the KPA as such a marvel of design and performance that I had hoped it could be totally (audibly) free of any trace of aliasing, but it appears that everyone would like to accept it as-is—which I can certainly live with—but in my mind, I will always wish for absolute purity in the high notes... which I can get in all my real amps.

I am waiting to receive one of the new Badcat Unleash devices for the primary reason of jacking it's line-out into the KPA, so I can experiment with using the KPA as a virtual cab with my real amps in front of it, and no real cab used at all (the Unleash provides the load). I'll still use my own amp profiles most of the time for practice, preproduction and tracking, but I'm looking forward to hearing a hybrid of real amp/virtual cab tones (minus the aliasing, since all of the aliasing resides in the amp profile and not the cab profile). This is an aliasing work-around for me that will likely open up interesting possibilities.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to see Kempers resources taken away from other important issues like an editor/librarian, floorboard, a KPA II, or whatever it is they are working on, etc... so, in a way the aliasing level is reasonable, all things considered.

• Rescator

Rescator, it's all good man... I grew up on Monty Python too... love em! But, Firesign Theater rules my comedic world! 8o

• Amen good night and peace, may this thread never appear again. :)

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• You must have some bat ears.