The remote footswitch

• I have seen the main remote foot controller and a 2 way footswitch to use with the Profiler. Me being old-school I've usually used 2 channel amps and set up a clean and dirty sound and like to switch with a single press of a button.

So with the KPA what I find appealing is I can have 1 dedicated amp profile for my cleans (e.g a Fender amp) and 1 for my dirty (Marshall). I would presume I can do this simple switch with the 2-way footswitch but is it better if I get the main remote controller anyway? I mean, I may want another 2 amps saved too say, if I'm doing a solo or there's a different section mid-song.

Also I can't see to find any instructions on how to store the amp profile as a "patch" so I can just press on the foot controller to get to it.

• take a look at this video, I believe it addresses your question

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ah so its meant to be used in performance mode! And up to 5 different profiles can be used! Wow!

Thanks for sharing this it seems simple enough, to be honest I'd primarily only need 2 sounds during a song but I could need a 3rd one for say, a solo or one with a special effect.

• There are a couple of ways of doing this:

1) 2 way switch to scoll up and down - Kemper sell one of these as well

2) The remote

3) a midi footswitch

I'm a fairly basic user as well and use a few basic sounds but I use the remote as its so simple to use and set up. I also use it in performance mode as its perfect for live use. I have 5 sounds, clean, slightly crunchy, crunch rhythm, heavy rhythm and solo. I also use morph to boost for riffs on the rhythm sound. I have effects as stomps on each "slot" where needed.

I also bought the kemper 2 way switch for rehearsals but I don't use it as I find scrolling up and down a pain. Hence if you can afford it and if you play live regularly I would fully endorse the remote.

• Yeah I'm a tutor so different songs need different amp sounds, I think from that video you can store up to 125 performances (i.e songs)?

I would probably be more simple than that and just have 2-3 sounds as said before, I'm so used to 2-channel amps I just need a good clean and the facility to switch to a dirty sound mid-song.

Agree with scrolling up and down 287 (and more if you add your own) profiles haha. Not good mid-lesson if you change songs!

• Yeah I'm a tutor so different songs need different amp sounds, I think from that video you can store up to 125 performances (i.e songs)?

I would probably be more simple than that and just have 2-3 sounds as said before, I'm so used to 2-channel amps I just need a good clean and the facility to switch to a dirty sound mid-song.

Agree with scrolling up and down 287 (and more if you add your own) profiles haha. Not good mid-lesson if you change songs!

Personally I don't use 1 performance per song, I just don't need that level of variation. I'm in a number of cover bands but the difference between one heavy rhythm sound and another is minimal - biggest variation is in the fingers,hence I'm good limiting it.

Each performance has 5 slots, which you can store a different profile. each slot you can have up to 8 effects, PLUS morph on each slot. That is plenty to cover most songs :)

Like most people, you find you have access to 15,000 profiles on line and so many commercial profiles, but you often land on your go to sounds. effectively I have an almost unlimited number of "channels" but actually I practically only really need about 10.

I am totally with you, just becuase you can have 125 performances, doesn't mean you should use them :).

Personally I treat the KPA as a very flexible multi-channel amp. Too much variation hurts my head and makes it a nightmare to manage..

• I will probably only need 2-3 "performance" banks or whatever they're called. The teaching one will be 2 amps, a Fender and Marshall profile so I have my clean/dirty sounds and those two amps cover most rock/pop/blues stuff anyway. Maybe another day I need a Vox AC30 type crunch sound or a Matchless, etc. Then there'll my high gain ones, 5150/Mesa/Diezel VH4 etc. I can have different amps to choose from however I'm feeling.

General home playing I can browse and add according to whatever song I'm doing.

Its only if a particular song has multiple effects like chorus/delay/reverb etc and there's different sections in the song where they're all used at different points. Usually I'm not a massive effects user anyway but for leads and stuff delay and reverb add more sheen!

• the Remote is awesome as a controller but sounds like total overkill for your needs. I would save your money. Just buy a cheap 2 or 4 button footswitch and have fun. If you find you need more flexibility later you can add a Remote at anytime you need.

Based on what you said I'd agree its probably overkill

• Ha in all seriousness though I will get one, as I plan to join a function/covers band when this lockdown shizz is lifted, and maybe a new originals band. I think it'll be worth the investment long-term.

• Ha in all seriousness though I will get one, as I plan to join a function/covers band when this lockdown shizz is lifted, and maybe a new originals band. I think it'll be worth the investment long-term.

You never have to justify buying new Kemper kit to us :).