Has the toaster version a SPDIF a slave mode ?

• Hi Renaud, to my knowledge Toaster and Rack version since ever are supposed to be Master on the SPDIF. That hasn't changed as far as I know. Stage is different but I never heard about the reasons why it is possible to use the Stage as Slave in this setup.

Probably that doesn't help you much - what's your set up challenge?

• Thx , I need to put my Focusrite into slave mode each time I want to use my KPA for jams or DAW.

This is pretty boring since I have tons of click noise in slave mode from my PC.

I'm almost sure I heard slave mode is available on the stage

• I believe SPDIF slave mode is available on the Stage because it has different SPDIF hardware. The rack and toaster's SPDIF hardware doesn't support slave mode. Unfortunately, it's not something a firmware update can change.

Brian

• I believe SPDIF slave mode is available on the Stage because it has different SPDIF hardware. The rack and toaster's SPDIF hardware doesn't support slave mode. Unfortunately, it's not something a firmware update can change.

Brian

Turns out it does and it can (see 7.5 update) ! Kemper will never seize to amaze me.

• Oh man that's a shame. I've got mine since 2013. That's a hype train derailed now. To be fair, however, we receive new Kemper features and fixes so often that I feel it'd be just unfair to castigate anyone :D

• I feel the same way, mate. I can't complain 'cause the company has given us so much.

Very-disappointed here 'though 'cause my rack's an early-2015 unit and working with S/PDIF just won't be practical 'cause my I/O hardware won't automatically switch to internal clock when the Kemper is powered-down, or external clock when it's powered-up.

If I could slave it I could leave the interface set to internal clock and power the Kemper up willy-nilly. Recording and reamping will therefore have to be an "analogue" affair for the foreseeable future.