Speaker imprints available on Main Outs

• Wouldn't it be nice to have the speaker imprints available on the Main Outs (as an option) too? I can see at least two advantages: For live use the FOH sound is the same like the stage sound. No need to look for a cab that sounds similar to the imprint. And for home use it makes wet/dry/wet (e.g. nearfield monitor left)/cab with kone middle/nearfield monitor right) possible. What do you guys think?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• the Imprints only work with the Kone, they would likely sound terrible through FOH

This is not correct. If you try them you will love them through FRFR and FOH. They sound great with a little eq adjustment. They bring back the spongey feel you get from your tube amp that some of the mic/mid compression removes in the profile. It has made me keep my profiler.....

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• For me as a bedroom player the main reason for the feature request is the wet/dry/wet option, which is currently not possible with the imprints.

• In my experience, the corrective EQ applied when switching on the Kone in the output section adds really unpleasant highs when listening through FRFR. I have my Kone in the studio, but have a Headrush 108 for playing through at home, and I’d forgotten to disengage the Kone when leaving the studio. Subsequently, I got home and started playing through the Headrush, testing some profiles I’d made. I thought my ears must have been shot while profiling , as all the profiles were really thin, brittle and trebly. I adjusted the Definition and EQs on a bunch before it dawned on me that it might have been the Kone setting in the output. It of course was.

• Hm...thinking further about wet/dry/wet with the kone it's maybe not absolutely necessary to have the imprints on the main outs too. In my setup I'd have the wet part of the signal on the mains and it's maybe not so important to have the exact same cab (imprint) on these outputs only for the wet part. What do you think?

• In my experience, the corrective EQ applied when switching on the Kone in the output section adds really unpleasant highs when listening through FRFR. I have my Kone in the studio, but have a Headrush 108 for playing through at home, and I’d forgotten to disengage the Kone when leaving the studio. Subsequently, I got home and started playing through the Headrush, testing some profiles I’d made. I thought my ears must have been shot while profiling , as all the profiles were really thin, brittle and trebly. I adjusted the Definition and EQs on a bunch before it dawned on me that it might have been the Kone setting in the output. It of course was.

As always, the highs are subjective and I myself go back and forth as to where I draw the line for what application is being used pertaining to the sounds in question .

But, with a dramatic enough high cut things start change to a point where I can hear and feel something unique about this type of idea. Something that's not going to be for everyone sonically but I think is a valid option.

• When playing at home, I like to monitor in stereo through my 2x12 cab with Kemper Kones. That's great, but then there's no loop available for pedals on my Toaster since the send is used by the stereo monitor out -- and that is a real problem. For this reason, I would love to see an option to run the Kones/imprints on the main outs. Disabling the imprints on the monitor our would be OK then. To be clear, I run gain pedals into the toaster input, but I need a loop for time domain pedals after the amp block.

The *ideal* would be the ability to run Kone/imprints on the 1/4" outs (so that they could feed the power amp for the 2x12) and have the XLR main outs run with the regular cab profile for FOH. However, I assume that the 1/4" and XLRs must carry the same signal because of physical wiring within the profiler.

Edited once, last by mwk323 ().

• When playing at home, I like to monitor in stereo through my 2x12 cab with Kemper Kones. That's great, but then there's no loop available for pedals on my Toaster since the send is used by the stereo monitor out -- and that is a real problem. For this reason, I would love to see an option to run the Kones/imprints on the main outs. Disabling the imprints on the monitor our would be OK then. To be clear, I run gain pedals into the toaster input, but I need a loop for time domain pedals after the amp block.

YES! I also have my KPA integrated with my pedalboard in a beautiful stereo setup and it sounds fantastic through my monitors. However, I also l love the tones I'm getting with my Kemper Kab + Imprints in mono and I would love to add a second Kabinet to use the Speaker Imprints with my whole setup in Stereo as well. Unfortunately that would mean no stereo loop which would render my idea ad absurdum.

Transferring the Monitor Out duty with the Kone / Imprint feature to the Main Out jacks would solve that issue.

The only solution I think there is as of yet is the British Audio Speaker Out mod for the Powerhead, presented by Tone Junkies on their YT channel. It basically splits the Speaker Out into 2x300W outs. However, that mod is no good at least here in Europe because no one offers it and it's way to expensive especially if you already got an unpowered KPA with a proper Poweramp.

I hope ckemper sees this and can implement a solution for us stereo lovers.

I'm also really looking forward to new speaker imprints. I love the ones we have available now and all these features make me want to keep and play my Kemper until it falls apart at some point ^^