Pure Cab, Kone and amp.

• Hello everyone,

I'm still in the process of deciding exactly what my setup will look like and I'd like to ask a few questions in order to get there.

I'd like to have the possibility to make the kpa behave as close as possible to a real amp in some occasions and the 'amp in the room' experience in something I highly value. Same goes for putting pedals in front of it.

The kabinet seems like a very good solution for me for various reasons, still.. isn't the "Pure Cabinet" control supposed to give approximately the same results?

I mean, if I can send the monitor output to a full-range amp and apply Pure Cabinet to have that 'amp in the room', what is the gain in having the Kone/Kabinet?

Keep in mind I have no experience with the kpa so this is a genuine question.

Also.. I have a Roland Cube 60 Keyboard I inherited from a friend. It's actually an amazing piece of gear, you can even get a very nice jazzy clean tone out of it if you use the right guitar (it seems to like semi-hollows) and even some pedals sound good through it . It's a keyboard amp so the speaker is full-range and overall it has a pretty neutral tone.

What would you think the results would be with a kpa in it's return?

Looking forward to hear your thoughts and experiences.

• I like the Pure cab, you can certainly tweek it to what you want.

I keep it on with imprints, I'm not sure this is the done thing though?

:/

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• It seems there's 2 types of people who like the Kemper, those that want the best foh sound or recording sound without the need to mic up cabinets, and those that want an amp that can make you believe your playing any amp in the world.

I'm in the second camp, the rest is a bonus.

The only way to get there is with a powered kpa, or a kpa and a transparent poweramp, and then the Kemper Kones.

I felt the kpa was a bit of a compromise until I got the Kones. The kones are only emulating the speaker though, not the cabinet, so I'd suggest load them in to a cabinet that you already like the sound of and you won't look back