Stage - Go from 1 to 125 when pushing down on perform mode

• Hi,

I have the stage, but I assume it's maybe the same for head+remote.

When in perform mode performance #1, when I push the down (V) switch, it does nothing. Like it's only 1 and up.

It will make more sense to me if it'll go from #1 to #125 when pushing down, so it won't be only 1->125, but 1<->125 loop.

IMO it's more usable as this way I can have more performances close to my starting point (#1) and get to them with less clicks.

Thanks

• NOT for me AT ALL. I do not have performances in the end of the list, and it would be catastrophic if live I would accidently press the up button and come to a not existing performance!

• I guess it depends on how many performances do you have.

It's easier to press 3 down for example instead of 15 up.

However, I'm a bedroom guitarist that doesn't understand live/gigging guitarists needs :)

Maybe it can be optional.. In system settings.

• One solution, if this an operation you desire, is to start your “first/base” performance at, say, “10”

That way you can move down and up. I appreciate its not technically the same but operationally will deliver similar results. I do like the fact that i can blindly scroll downwards and it stops at 1.

However, I understand the need for what you ask. I’ve found it useful on other devices.

Please don't take this next bit as a personal dig, its more general curiosity, but, Id like to hear from anyone that uses every single performance available and even more interested to know how a kpa handles that amount of performances, ie memory, boot-up, etc.

• One solution, if this an operation you desire, is to start your “first/base” performance at, say, “10”

That way you can move down and up. I appreciate its not technically the same but operationally will deliver similar results. I do like the fact that i can blindly scroll downwards and it stops at 1.

However, I understand the need for what you ask. I’ve found it useful on other devices.

Please don't take this next bit as a personal dig, its more general curiosity, but, Id like to hear from anyone that uses every single performance available and even more interested to know how a kpa handles that amount of performances, ie memory, boot-up, etc.

Oh, that's a great workaround.. Should have thought about it lol :) Thanks!

I'm a new stage user and didn't use all performances (yet).. Just while playing with it in the first week I have 15 performances already, so I thought how would it be easier to have the next ones below the 1.
    Also, thinking long term - keep the most used performances on both sides of the 1 ("first/base"), for easy access.

Not sure how practical it is for different kind of players and situations though, so ye, sounds like it should be optional if added.

I don't see how that is a workaround but maybe I'm missing something.

In my case, I'm thinking about a situation where I have reached the last performance and want to get back to a very low number performance ( say 125 to 1 as an extreme example) rather than stepping all the way down the ability to just continue upwards to loop back round to 1 would be significantly easier than scrolling backwards through 125 performances. I doesn't matter which number contains "first base".

I only use a limited number of performances most of the time. I did have a situation with a function band where I had a different performance for every song so ended up with over 50 performances but that was a nightmare to manage for many reasons. Which brings me to the second part of my previous requests related to this issue. I wanted a "Set List" type feature where you could select the range of performances that would be included in the loop round runction. Or even just loop round from the last performance with a live rig loaded. In this case empty performances would be ignored. If you only had 20 performances live then when you try to select 21 you would automatically loop round to 1 again. This concept could be expended further via RM to manage set lists within performance folders. You would create the set list of performances as sub folders within the Performance tree of RM. Then load the appropriate set list(s) onto the KPA as required.

• ...I understand the need for what you ask. I’ve found it useful on other devices....

like i said, i do see how this could be useful. In an ideal world it would give every user the individual options or customisation they desire but at the expense of extra complexity.

I can think of some well-known phone manufacturers who’s OS is how “they make it” and could be improved by allowing the user to customise the device to their needs yet their “locked” OS is tolerated and continues to sell very well indeed.

Only recently, we received the minor customisation of having the option to swap the up/down button functions on the remote. I guess it depends on the demand for a particular function.

On a more positive (and complex/costly) note, perhaps employing an additional midi controller that sends out “bank” (performance-number) messages for those who want those big bank-jumps in an instant could be a consideration? (Assuming this would run in tandem with your existing controller)

• On a more positive (and complex/costly) note, perhaps employing an additional midi controller that sends out “bank” (performance-number) messages for those who want those big bank-jumps in an instant could be a consideration? (Assuming this would run in tandem with your existing controller)

I actually have one of those expensive fully customisable midi controllers (RJM Mastermind) which can send just about anything to anywhere (it could probably put people on the moon if necessary :D) but it gathers dust now as my rig consists of the Kemper and nothing else (except guitars obviously). So I bought a remote for the seemless integration and absolute simplicity. Plug it in and it works with no messing around. I absolutely love it for that reason and have no complaints about the remote whatsoever.

I see the scrolling/loop round facility as KPA issue rather than a controller problem. I honestly can't think of a single reason why it would be beneficial to prevent looping round but can see several where it would be helpful.

That way you can move down and up.

Agreed - My Main Performance used to be "1". I have since moved it to a higher number, to give myself plenty of room to move up or down from my Main Performance with fewer presses of the footswitch.