applying stomps preset to multiple profiles

• hello:

i have a stomps (and an effects) preset that i use with each of my profiles. i have a number of profiles that dont have my standard stomps/effects config and would like to apply my stomps preset to all of them at one time, rather than going through the process of setting each profile up individually. ive updated large groups of profiles individually and its very time consuming.

might anyone know if this can be done (and how) to a group of profiles?

thanks,

j

Edited once, last by jaschoon ().

• I don't know how many profiles you'd like to change but here's one way if it helps.

Go to a profile that has the Stomps and Effects as you want them. Lock the Stomps and Effects (or if you have a Stage that doesn't have the Stomps and Effects buttons you'd need to lock each of the Stomps and Effects individually).

Now change to each profile you want to change and the stomps/Effects should remain the same. You can either use it this way with the locks or you can save each profile after opening it. Then if you later unlock things the Stomps and Effects would remain on any you saved.

Unfortunately the Rig Manager doesn't support the Stomp and Effect groups.

Still might be a lot of saves, but at least the settings are already done.

• Unfortunately the Rig Manager doesn't support the Stomp and Effect groups.

amen brother.

hopefully if enough people mention this they will see the error of their ways and introduce this feature to the editor in RM as it is currently something that I find sorely missing compared to the physical interface of the KPA head.

• For this you just need to hold the LOCK button and press the effect modules you would like to use globally. Just a matter of three seconds. I don't understand, why an Stomps or Effects Section are needed for this.

• Maybe because you at Kemper originally designed it that way and pushed the feature at first. Many of us using it since the beginning used the capability to create named sets that we still use. Yes, you can still get to the same end result with up to 8 locks but it's also hard to see why it would be so difficult for you to support the grouped presets you had let us save.

• For this you just need to hold the LOCK button and press the effect modules you would like to use globally. Just a matter of three seconds. I don't understand, why an Stomps or Effects Section are needed for this.

while that does get the end result it is a much more clumsy solution to lock maybe 6 slots one at a time, then load the new rig, then save the new rig, then unlock the 6 slots again (which I often forget to do and have the back track afterwards x an undo function would also be appreciated) before moving on. Compare this to load rig, drag and drop FX chain preset, save job done. It is clearly a much more elegant solution than the lock option.

• yes, this is really my issue. i have several profiles that apply to amp types (e.g., vintage stomps/fx for appropriate amps, modern for those that benefit). setting a standard by locking of slots works until an amp has a different stomp/fx need. also, im not able to footswitch between amps that have different stomp/fx setups- the locked settings are what i get. also, subtle changes within the stomp/fx setups are reduced to only those locked values.

one of the great features of the revised (v3.0+?) Rig Manager i have used is bulk updates of metadata associated with a large number of rigs. this has been an immeasurable time saver. it would be really nice to have a bulk update for the stomp & fx sections.

thanks,

j