screw size for rubber feet

• hi everyone I,m looking at mounting my foot controller into the rack lid and was planning on fixing it using the rubber feet and some longer screws . was just wondering if anyone knew the size(thread and length) of said screws

many thanks

fitzy

• i seem to recall they are 5mm thread. Removing one of the feet screws will confirm this but you will probably need a longer screw to allow for the thickness of your chosen case and the the space underneath the remote (in case you still want to leave the feet attached as a stand-off)

Be aware that a screw that is too long could go further into the remote and touch something like a PCB (not a good idea).

I wouldn't have thought that removing the feet affects the guarantee but certainly inserting any other object/item may cross a line.

If you want a look inside to see where your screws are heading, without wrecking your unit, you might find this useful:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• hi everyone I,m looking at mounting my foot controller into the rack lid and was planning on fixing it using the rubber feet and some longer screws . was just wondering if anyone knew the size(thread and length) of said screws

many thanks

fitzy

If you have a hardware store near you, most of them have a board in the fasteners isle that would let you check the pitch/thread of the screw.

• i seem to recall they are 5mm thread.

** SOLVED **

** The bottom of the Remote housing is threaded for the rubber feet screws

Before I take my Remote cover off, are the screws that hold the rubber feet onto the bottom of the housing with a loose nut on the backside? Is the backside panel threaded or is there a nut welded to the panel? Basically, all I want to do is add longer rubber feet to the back so it tilts up bit more.

If there's fixed threads there in any form, I don't have to disassemble the bottom but I'd like to know ahead of time.

Thanks!

Robert Starling, SOC

Just a cinematographer with some guitars, cameras and grills
    Boca Raton, FL

Edited once, last by RobStar ().

• If you asked this question to Kemper they most likely would answer you, since you only want to increase the size of the rubber feet. I doubt there is a nut welded to be panel, as this would increase the cost of manufacturing and is not really essential since the panel gauge is sufficient.

• I doubt there is a nut welded to be panel, as this would increase the cost of manufacturing and is not really essential since the panel gauge is sufficient.

Thank you Bob!
    You were right, there's no backing nut and the case enclosure metal is threaded. I was being lazy!

The Kemper Remote rubber feet screws are 4mm x .70 threads. I found similar but wider rubber feet but had to stack them and get a slightly longer 12mm screw that just sticks out the back of the stacked feet enough to grab but not poke through too much. This is not perfect but for $1.99 gives me a little better angle. Photo below