EXPERIMENT: Can a Kemper sound better than a real amp? Answer inside ;)

• Hey,

last weekend i found my very first guitar amplifier, a Fender Frontman Reverb (PR 241) in my old room at my parents house. Before thowing it away i thought i might profile it just for fun. It sounds terrible. After doing some research on the internet i figured, that the speaker in the amp is very bad and that it is supposed to sound a lot better with a different cab. Since i don't own many amps/cabinets anymore since i got the kemper i thought that the kemper makes it easy to swap cabinets and i came to think, that maybe the amp profile could sound even better than the real amp.

Here's a short video of my journey with A/B comparisions with different guitars and cabinets. ENJOY!

So can a Kemper sound better than a real amp? The answer is in the video :saint:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's not the profile, it's the cabinet. I did a mod on a small orange crush that I have, where I added an external jack to it. If nothing is plugged in, it uses the internal speaker. If you plug in a cabinet, it bypasses the original speaker, and goes through the cabinet.

I did a quick demo of the amp with the mod through my iPhone, and it's not even close. The cabinet makes that little box sound like a beast.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• To me, switching cabs on studio profiles tend to bring along more than the cab itself- it carries a lot of the amps characteristics. Regardless, a cool experiment!

I feel the same way, too. If you listen to commercial profiles, even merged profiles. No cab sounds the same even if the amp is on the same settings. That makes me believe, that the seperation between amp an cab is far from perfect. But this is what makes the kemper a great tool. Mixing different sound's to achive new ones.

• great demo! and so true...

'19 Relish Eucalypt Mary | '17 PRS McCarty 594 | '15 PRS 408 | '96 PRS Custom 22 | '78 Les Paul Custom | '19 Silver Sky

Kemper Toaster | Rack | Remote

Friedman ASM-12 | Atomic CLR Neo Mk II Wedge | ValveTrain Powertrain Studio 20

• I guess I wasn't surprised but cool to see it in action.

The ability to remove ( albeit in a studio profile is removed via an algorithm and therefore will never be perfect) the speaker/cab which is always a weak point in such a small amp and replace with some thing way better is always going to improve it.

Not sure it would be my go to profile ( Ha! I know that's not the point of this) but great job!