I am getting a lot of static with Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 (3rd gen)

• So I am in Logic, trying to track guitars with a Kemper connected via Spdif and I am getting serious static. If I run the Scarlett with one of the monitor outputs muted I get a good sound. It appears to have something to do with the Focusrite because the static is there when listening to iTunes. I have tried everything with output settings that I could think of and can't figure it out. Anyone have an idea what it is? Thanks.

• So I am in Logic, trying to track guitars with a Kemper connected via Spdif and I am getting serious static. If I run the Scarlett with one of the monitor outputs muted I get a good sound. It appears to have something to do with the Focusrite because the static is there when listening to iTunes. I have tried everything with output settings that I could think of and can't figure it out. Anyone have an idea what it is? Thanks.

1) Are you on the dedicated Focusrite divers?

2) Have you tried raising your buffer setting?

3) Are your SPDIF cables alright? Are your output cables alright?

4) Is your signal too hot? Check in the Focusrite control app to see how hard you are hitting the interface. If it's too hot, lower the SPDIF volume in the output section.