Should I pull the trigger on 2 Kones?

• Hmmm... Bummer! I must say that I don't detect any fizz on my Kone. I bet you're setup the same, but here are my settings in RM...

Obviously never mind the volume setting... and of course the speaker choice. What speaker imprint are you trying?

• Hmmm... Bummer! I must say that I don't detect any fizz on my Kone. I bet you're setup the same, but here are my settings in RM...

Obviously never mind the volume setting... and of course the speaker choice. What speaker imprint are you trying?

i will check it later and show you. My fingers need a break! Haha

i tried the settings you had on the vhii profile and I must say, it sounded WAY better! I saved it and its a good start for me. Sounded very alive! Thanx for your help on that one. Now to dial in my jubilee profiles....

• I don’t know if it matters or not with the kone but double check that in the output that you have live guitar/cabinet selected. My Scumback cabs sounded fizzy until I changed to the setting above.

• I don’t know if it matters or not with the kone but double check that in the output that you have live guitar/cabinet selected. My Scumback cabs sounded fizzy until I changed to the setting above.

thanx man. Appreciate that, I dont think it matters with the full range speakers though. I could be wrong

What setting are you talking about? I’ve has mine awhile and can’t think of the setting you’re mentioning.

• It shouldn't sound fizzy at all. Sounds like you've got the cab turned off. Is the sound changing when you select different imprints?

Fizzy probably was a bad way to describe it. It was sounding very trebly. Also I made sure the cab selections were correct, I was able to hear the difference when the cab was off. The imprints did change the sound when I was switching them.

It sounds a lot better now though with some tweaking and help from dmatthews. ?

• Fizzy probably was a bad way to describe it. It was sounding very trebly. Also I made sure the cab selections were correct, I was able to hear the difference when the cab was off. The imprints did change the sound when I was switching them.

It sounds a lot better now though with some tweaking and help from dmatthews. ?

Good to hear, sounds like your warming to them, enjoy!

• Last update... lol

so, I did some more tweaking today for a couple of hours. I think I have dialed in a good tone on all my commonly used rigs.

As to which speaker i prefer???

Im leaning towards the celestion t be honest. To me it still maintains that Guitar speaker feel to the sound. I might be imagining it but, ya.

Ive bought a second f12 and will be installing when it arrives Monday for a full experience in the mesa 2x12. I just want to see if 2 is better than 1.

The kone sounds still too “full range” for me. Again, just my $0.02.

So far, the celestion seems like a viable option to the kone.

• So after this exhausting test of switching speakers around and dialing in tones.... Ive decided to stick to my real cab speakers. One thing is I am finding myself constantly tweaking as opposed to playing!

I had my real speakers set up and sounded fantastic. I guess Im just not into the FRFR thing still.

I have posted the speakers up for sale on here in the classified section if anyone is interested. They are brand new and may work for someone who has more patience and a better ear for dialing it in.

Hope this helps someone down the road....

THANX!