Has Anyone Successfully Profiled a Krank Revolution without error messages?

• So I'd already heard that Krank's can cause some issues with the profiling process - once the profiling is complete an error message appears warning against using a noise gate in the amp. Krank's don't have a noise gate anywhere in the circuit. They're essentially modded Sovtek Mig 100H's (itself a kind of modded Marshall) with better components. They have quite a distinctive attack, which I think may be a part of the problem?

Just wondering if anyone has found a way around it? I love that they're such distinctive sounding amps, would be great to be able to capture them accurately.

Also having issues when summing 2 mics. When using one mic I can get the captured profile to be almost indistinguishable from the mic. When summing 2, the differences are quite noticeable and refining doesn't really change the differences. Is there any tricks to getting this working optimally?

• I have never tried profiling a KRANK but have received that same error message with another high gain amp.

Same thing with summing 2 mics, One mic is a rich true representation, 2 Mics its much lower volume wise and not accurate. Matched phase in DAW ect8)

Thank You for starting this thread, Any tips for better profiling would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also has anyone tried using UAD unison mic pres for profiling? ROCKON!!!

Bryan Evans Gill IV - Guitarist - Live Sound Engineer

• Yeah, the midrange of the summed mics is way off. Its almost like the usually differences between Kemper tone the mic'd one is exaggerated with 2 mics. Made a lot of profiles with UAD Unison Pre's and they work fine (using mostly external preamps now though).

• Just wondering if anyone has found a way around it?

It's impossible to answer this question (and unfair) without mentioning names, so your thread may be moved to another subforum. Just a heads-up on that, mate.

I remember Dan from Reamp Zone's mentioning something about this a few years ago. IIRC he may have had to dial the amp's gain back a tad.

After a quick look around I found a bunch of Krank offerings including the Rev, so yeah, somebody has Profiled it successfully, and not just one person, but at least 7. I highlighted the Revolution examples:

On Rig Exchange

Krank Nineteen80 - Evil Rich, MightyWarlock

Krank Revolution One - SinMix, Fluff, Keary Jordan, Juanma Blanco, L. Barta, Nick

Krankenstein - MightyWarlock

Krankenstein+ - Thumas

Krankenstein Jr - Nick

Krankenstein proto - Tecks

Commercial

Krankenstein - Double Impact, ChopTones

Krank Revolution One - Reamp Zone

• I think the profiles can still be saved when the error message comes up, I have a feeling that's what happened with Dan's but I can't remember 100%. I seem to recall some people running a tubescreamer before the amp and for some reason that would help too..... I'd love to know why that amp causes an issue and if its something that can be sorted properly (given how continues the Kemper's development is)....

• FWIW, I've had some success making direct profiles of the Krank and then adding an impulse afterwards. For some reason this has yielded less error messages when profiling this particular amp.